Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Tao to Khao Lak

• adrienne

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2010

I'm having trouble finding any good information on the best way to get from Ko Tao to Khao Lak.
    Can I easily get a ferry back to Chumphon and then buses down to Khao Lak? Or do I need to ferry all the way down to Surat Thani and get a bus from there?

#1 Posted: 17/2/2010 - 07:37

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

SOME of the Bangkok - Phuket buses which call in at Chumpon bus station go through Ranong and then thru Lak. I'm sure there will also be buses to Ranong and Takua Pa from where you can get onward buses which go thru Lak.
    Note that some of these buses actually call downtown and stop outside travel agents - Chumpon bus station itself is a fair way out of town.

Now Surathani is a longer ferry ride, but the road trip to Lak is shorter - plenty of minibuses and big buses going thru to Phuket or to Takua Pa.
    Note not ALL Surathani-Phuket buses go via Takua Pa and Lak.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2010 - 17:10

• adrienne

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2010

Thanks for the information! Sounds simple enough!

#3 Posted: 18/2/2010 - 03:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.