Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thung Wua Laem Beach at Chumphon

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

Hi

We will be in Thailand next week and are looking at staying at Thung Wua Laem Beach at Chumphon for a couple of days before heading over to Koh Tao.

Can anyone recommend some good accommodation at Thung Wua Laem Beach. We are looking for Bungalow resorts if they exist.

Also does anyone know how easy is it is to get to Thung Wua Laem Beach from chumphon Train Station.

Thanks for any info...

#1 Posted: 1/3/2010 - 16:32

• Advertisement

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

Bump :-)

#2 Posted: 2/3/2010 - 15:34

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

OK ... you want an answer.

I don't know much, but I'm pretty sure I saw a sawngthaew when I was out there. To get to the road to the beach you would walk straight out from the station to the next big intersection - not far. Otherwise there's taxis. It's about 16km.

There's a few places out there. The beach looked nice but Lady Fondo got mercilessly attacked by sandflies.

#3 Posted: 2/3/2010 - 20:14

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Bump.

Don't worry about it ... it's a pleasure.

#4 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 05:56

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I went to Hat Thung Wua Laen for a day but didn't stay overnight so can't name any bungalows. But I did stay on Sairee Beach (aka "Had Sai Ri") about 20km out of Chumphon town, at a place called Nong Mai Sai Resort (น้องใหม่ ทรายรีสอร์ท sorry no English sign but the local taxi/tuktuk guys all know where it is) See pic on my Flickr set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/captain-bob/4408281765/in/set-72157621919706647 Click the next picture to see the bungalow - 900 baht for very clean nearly beachfront unit plus big restaurant with excellent seafood. The Lomprayah high-speed ferry pier is just a bit further down so it could be convenient for Ko Tao.

#5 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 23:20

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    Thung Wua Laem Beach is great!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure of the exact route from the train station, but you need to get to the market which is not that far from the train station, in fact I think you can walk it, and get the yellow songthaw (different colours go to different places - simple but effective (if you know it!)) If you need to give directions from the train station ask for the 'Yellow sangthaws'.

Once there, there are many bungalows cant remember the name of the one we stayed at but he bungalows are on the left and the beach is on the right!
    When you want to leave, your resort will need to phone for the songthaw as they don't normally drive the beach road but bypass it by a few 100 yards.
    No jet skis, no loud music, no girly bars, no beach umbrellas - a lot of locals at the weekend, a great place!
    Mike

#6 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 04:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thung Yi Beach ... By davidwise on 4 Jan 2007 0 1332 4 Jan 2007