Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

4 weeks in thailand with little kid - recommendations needed

• dre

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2010

hi,
    we'll be back in thailand from end of march til end of april, only this time we will be travelling with our 13months old daughter and I'd appreciate some help/recommendations.

• what is the easiest way to travel from phuket airport to koh lanta or koh pih pih. we get to phuket at around 12:00. is it reasonable to travel onward immediately or can anybody recommend somewhere to stay for maybe 2 nights to relax from the long flight? should be somewhere calm and nice, no party hotspot.

• we are looking for simple but clean accomodation at a nice beach on either lanta or phi phi.
    we've been to thailand many times but while checking on the web I got the impression that nice little guest houses at the beachfront with bamboo or wooden bungalows with a porch to put our hammock doesn't exist anymore....seems to be all with pools and posh bungalows these days.
    anybody out there to help us to get a bit of the 'old thai-feeling' back and maybe bungalows at less than 1000bht?

thanx very much in advance for all help.
    dreevee

#1 Posted: 3/3/2010 - 00:00

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I hate unanswered questions, they sit here like unloved orphans - but the thing is I'm sure I answered this on another forum. Problem is I can't find it to get a link for other readers might have the same asks.

dre - if I'm wrong, give the word and I'll fire in a response.

#2 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 12:40

• alisonmilli-
    ken

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Here are a few things to consider with a toddler in tow. Your idea is potentially do-able... but I would suggest making it easier on yourself.
    After a long flight with a wriggly toddler, would be MUCH better to take a few days to relax and unwind in Phuket and get over any jetlag and acclimatise. Better for both you and little one.
    REMEMBER TO SLOW DOWN... you won't be able to rush around doing lots of activities with a 13mth old with you... And remember to factor in nap time.
    Going to an island I would be a little concerned about the boat trip. Toddlers and a confined space like a boat don't really mix. Would also be concerned about lifejackets and safety. Is your little one familiar with water?
    I was worried about this on our trip, and decided to go somewhere on the coast instead, which turned out fabuluously. We flew into Phuket and went north to Khao Lak.

#3 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 13:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 weeks in Thailand/Laos - help needed! ... By hjf456 on 22 Nov 2008 8 3413 26 Nov 2008
Koh Samui in late Sep - last min recommendations needed! ... By h_ping50 on 15 Sep 2006 1 1561 16 Sep 2006
Budget advice needed! 4 weeks yunnan, vietnam and thailand ... By s0908946 on 14 Mar 2011 0 4497 14 Mar 2011