• Mangala

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 154

Hi

Im asking as I just applied for another 60 day visa via the consulate in Vientiane, to cover for when I need to be in Thailand to see my parents.

However, once I gave over my forms and passport, the clerk didnt direct me to the other building on the grounds of the consulate to pay. When I asked her if I had to she said "no. finished", now this was at 10am so I imagine that building hadnt stopped work.

Does this mean when I go back tomorrow with the paper she gave me with a number on it and some stamps, I wont be hit with a bill or am I going to have to pay because I wasnt clear enough with my question.

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place by the way, its just this connection is pretty hit or miss as far as wifi goes.)

#1 Posted: 3/3/2010 - 17:11

• Advertisement

• Mangala

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 154

Nevermind. It seems it is still free and the application process has been streamlined for the soon to not be free visas.

Sorry for wasting time a little guys.

#2 Posted: 3/3/2010 - 17:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai Visa free for Canadians if... ... By altmtl on 8 Nov 2012 1 1510 8 Nov 2012
Thai Visa-Free 30 Days ... By LaraP on 1 Aug 2010 4 1824 1 Aug 2010
free thai 2 month tourist visa ... By topogene88 on 9 Jan 2011 0 2803 9 Jan 2011