Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

First Timers Seeking Adventure in Phuket Vicinity!

• juliadee

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010

I will be flying over from Jeju Island South Korea into Phuket sometime in early May. I will be backpacking with friends and we are interested in making the most of this visit and perhaps taking the unbeaten path! I have a few questions for you please! :)

We are interested in a little partying, a little shopping, but mostly in staying in secluded beach bungalows with the option to party! Ha ha!I have heard good things about Ko Phang for that.

Also we have thoughts of perhaps staying in Khao Sok Tree House inside Khao Sok National Park for one night.

Where do you think we should we go?

How long should we stay in each place?

How do we get from place to place?

Should we fly back to Jeju from another airport or make our way back to Phuket?

#1 Posted: 3/3/2010 - 20:14

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

It's hard to make suggestions when you don't say how much time you have.

Given enough time:
    "but mostly in staying in secluded beach bungalows with the option to party!" - I'd jump across to Phi Phi, do my secluded beach bungalow thing at Ao Poh or Ao Toh Koh and go into Ton Sai for partying - I assume you have enough friends to share the boat price....

...then go back to Phuket , jump a bus that goes by Khao Sok, stay the night in the Tree-house......

...then go on by bus to Surathani, ferry to Phangan and do the parties at Had Rin. You will find the closest secluded beach bungalows a short longtail boat trip up the coast at beaches like Had Thian - although if it's Full Moon Party time you can get there from any beach on Phangan.

Now an Phangan alternative - Thong Nai Pan Yai has party and White Wind perched on the rocks at the north end is pretty secluded, cheap and has wonderful views.

I think Phuket is the nearest airport to Phangan with multi-international flights. Ko Samui gest some, check your airline.

#2 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 12:23

• juliadee

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010

Thank you for your reply. We will have 10 days to play and there are about 5 of us going so far. Do you think that we will enough days to enjoy ourselves at each place or will we be rushing? I think we may have to cut something out! lol You were very helpful!

#3 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 16:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Seeking info about overland travel from Phuket to Malaysia ... By HKDjaw on 28 Jan 2007 3 2702 5 Feb 2007