Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

iIinerary advice 6 days Chaing Mai and Bangkok

• jztravels

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2010

I will be traveling with my teenage daughter to Vietnam and ending the trip in Thailand from a Sunday to Saturday in August. We will have 6-7 nights. Thinking about 2 nights Chaing Mai, 2 nights Chiang Dao and 2-3 in Bangkok before heading back to the states. Any advice for itinerary? We are interested in culture, elephant and light trekking experience and to see the beauty of the country. Beaches will have to wait for the next trip because we are short of time. Would you stay longer in Chaing Mai and cut a day in Bangkok? Any advice would be helpful, this is our first time to Thailand. We will be flying in and out of Chaing Mai to Bangkok to save time. Also advice on activities would be appreciated.

#1 Posted: 4/3/2010 - 20:03

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Suggest you check out Chiang Dao Nest http://nest.chiangdao.com. They also organise treks, elephant rides, etc. and you can rent mountain bikes or just go for your own self-guided walk. The Sunday evening market in Chiang Mai is excellent if you can make it up here that day. Try to get a guesthouse inside the Old City near Mun Muang Road and Thaphae Gate. I would take an extra day in Chiang Mai and one less day in Bangkok but perhaps I am biased toward where I live ;-)

Chiang Mai map here: http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/chiang_mai_map/chiang_mai_map_2000pix.html

#2 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 15:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Advice for 2 Nights/3 Days near Bangkok ... By Merrianne on 16 May 2011 6 2743 27 May 2011
Advice: 6 days Bangkok...and surrounds? ... By christay2009 on 22 Aug 2011 15 1514 23 Aug 2011
Advice for Bangkok and Chiang Mai in 6 days ... By fel117 on 19 Jul 2012 19 2572 23 Jul 2012