Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, back to Thailand

• gericdublin

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2010

Hi all

I'm planning a 5week trip of Thailand, and hopefully Laos and maybe Vietnam for July. Judging by previous comments, I'm trying to get in a bit too much!? I would appreciate opinions on this.

Plan to fly into bangkok, from here maybe fly to chiang mai. Have been looking at treking and elephant treks and that sort of adventure here! Then plan going from chiang mai into laos. I'm not sure how to do this. Flying seems to be expensive - flights I've looked at anyway!

Again I'm still not that knowlegeable on Laos! One of the Definities for me is tubing in Vang Vieng. Perhaps do Luang Prabang and Vientiane too.

Then from there would like to go to Vientnam. Is flying the easiest option here? Would want to fit in Hanoi, Halong Bay and again not too sure where there!

Then how to get from here back to the islands in Thailand?? Maybe would it be best to leave out Vietnam and head straight back to the islands then??? The full moon is the 28th of July, so if only starting the travelling the 10th of July roughly would prob be rushed to fit things in!!

Would be so grateful to here from you more expert travellers!! I've never travelled Asia before, so it's all new to me!!

Cheers!
    geric

#1 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 05:02

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand - Good Plan? ... By PeterJW on 25 Sep 2011 3 3165 27 Sep 2011
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand ... By JamesHamblin on 8 Apr 2009 8 6665 11 Apr 2009
greek male travelling thailand - laos - cambodia - vietnam then back to thai islands....mar-june ... By greektraveller on 10 Feb 2011 0 2213 10 Feb 2011
27 y/o female heading from Northern Thailand thru Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern Thailand ... By starseed on 4 Mar 2011 10 3414 25 Apr 2011
23yo male, frm uk, 3months travelling Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand.. Jan2011 ... By benrob87 on 6 Oct 2010 4 2965 11 Dec 2010
Travel buddies wanted SE Asia (Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand) 22nd Nov - 1st Feb ... By LottieJ on 14 Nov 2012 0 1245 14 Nov 2012
Back from Thailand ... By sabyasachi1212 on 30 Oct 2006 2 1504 31 Oct 2006
getting back to thailand ... By kaptainkano on 27 Oct 2011 0 1641 27 Oct 2011