Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Flying into Phuket late at night. Where to stay? What is our best option?

• mchrysler

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2009

Hi, we will be flying from Canada to Phuket (almost 27hrs) on April 1st. We don't land until 11:30pm. Once we have gone though customs and received our luggage its going to be pretty late.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good hostel, that we should check into that would still be open. OR if anyone knew of a hostel/guesthouse that would do an airport transfer that early in the morning?

what is our best plan for arrival to phuket at that time in the morning?

#1 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 17:02

• Advertisement

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

try boomerang inn.

in patong,friendly staff,rooms at around 1200bt per night,all the creature comforts ,hot water shower,fan and aircon etc.

#2 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 20:41

• mchrysler

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2009

will it be open? do they do airport transfers?

#3 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 04:15

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

YES AND YES.

600 baht if i remember correctly.

http://www.boomeranginn.com/

#4 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 06:40

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

"HOSTEL" in the true sense is Phuket Backpackers - spotlessly clean dorm rooms (and single/doubles if you want), in the heart of Phuket town meters from the songthaews to the beaches and other Phuket destinations.
    If you have booked via their website there should be someone at reception. They don't do airport pickups and that late - probably the only options will be taxis and limos. Normally the airport shuttle vans have finished and the AIRPORT BUS finishes about 2230.

But if you are wanting to stay at the beach, why not head there first night?

#5 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 17:36

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

If there are planes coming in, there will be taxis waiting for fares.

At 95% of hotels if you make a booking and tell them you will be arriving that late, check-in at 1AM is no problem.

#6 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 18:59

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

sorry my mistake...i thought you asked for a HOTEL not a HOSTEL.

#7 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 20:56

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    When you arrive there will be taxis & airport limos & mini buses.
    The Limos & mini buses are booked IN the airport, the metered taxis are outside in the car park - you have to walk out of the airport building to find them. (At least that was how it was it 2009).

I am sure they will all be working up until the last flight arrives.
    The question is where do you want to go?

Pick your hotel/guest house and inform them you will be arriving late & get the METERED taxi there (plus 100 baht or so for airport tax).

I like Kata and I would recommend Phuket gardens homes (they have a website of the same name) but you would need to tell them of your late arrival.
    You may prefer Patong or wherever.
    Late arrival is not a problem.

#8 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 04:09

• mikethediver

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand

Hi,
    The Limos & mini buses are booked IN the airport, the metered taxis are outside in the car park - you have to walk out of the airport building to find them. (At least that was how it was it 2009).

Pick your hotel/guest house and inform them you will be arriving late & get the METERED taxi there (plus 100 baht or so for airport tax).

I like Kata and I would recommend Phuket gardens homes (they have a website of the same name) but you would need to tell them of your late arrival.

#9 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 04:10

• mikethediver

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand

Hi,

#10 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 04:10

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand

Hi,

#11 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 04:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flying into HCMC late at night ... By Caripito on 6 Sep 2009 3 2353 30 Nov 2009
Would u stay around KL International Airport / LCCT a night for early departure / late arrival? ... By travissaw on 20 May 2012 4 2675 9 Aug 2012
Where to stay in Phuket for 1 night? ... By adampatto on 5 Aug 2012 9 3405 9 Aug 2012
Arriving late into Phuket Airport, what to do/where to stay? ... By rustythomson on 4 Dec 2013 2 1034 29 Dec 2013
Flying into Bangkok at night ... By kfroh on 11 Mar 2011 13 3747 16 Mar 2011
Flying to Hanoi and taking night train to Lao Cai on the same day. ... By ngg18 on 30 Nov 2009 3 2341 2 Dec 2009
Bkk to Kan- late night transport ... By lavalette on 28 Nov 2013 3 6200 28 Nov 2013
Arriving in BKK late at night ... By amylou on 26 Jan 2010 8 2642 28 Jan 2010
Late-Night bus to Koh Chang? ... By waysofwanderers on 21 Nov 2012 2 1918 24 Nov 2012
Getting in to Bangkok late at night ... By spaswink on 25 Oct 2009 2 2782 25 Oct 2009