Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ban Krut.

• stevehoward-

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2010

Hi All,
    I'm heading to Ban Krut for a few days R&R next week and after reading up on the place I'm looking forward to being met by paradise! A lot of the comments/forums/blogs are fairly aged and there was some talk of possible over developement coming to Ban Krut. Can anyone tell me if this is true as yet or am I still likely to find peace,quiet, and isolation (weekdays)?
    Also I would like to take a look around surrounding areas, can this be done comfortably on a moto-scooter, and I presume they are readilly available to hire.

Thanks in Advance.

Steve.

#1 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 13:12

• Advertisement

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Well,it's certainly developing but there's a way to go yet before you could make any claims of overdevelopment.

The developments are essentially middling expensive resorts stretching down the coast towards Bang Saphan.

Nice but fairly bland. Peace, quiet and relaxation should be no problem at all!

#2 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 17:16

• stevehoward-

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2010

Much Appreciated Fondo,

Thanks for taking the time out to answer, got myself booked into the Rachavadee resort, a little out of the way. Hopefully will enjoy the type of break that others have reported in the past

Cheers,

Steve.

#3 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 20:12

• stevehoward-

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2010

Well,i'm sitting in the Rachavadee resort now, there isn't a soul on the beach, nobody arond the pool, There's a wonerful breeze coming from the ocean. It's complete heaven!

#4 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 13:01

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Sounds sweet.

#5 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 13:49

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Sounds good to me too!

When - or if - you struggle out, we enjoyed the food at the Baan Klang Aow Beach Resort, which is down the road towards Ban Krut and, a couple of hundred metres further, a less upmarket restaurant on the beach side of the road.

#6 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 14:11

• stevehoward-

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2010

Didn't try the beach resort restaurant but had a couple of good meals at 'The Beach' bar and restaurant. Food was excellent and 65 B for a large Leo brought heaven just that little bit closer! Also tried the Italian - Kasamas, Nice little restaurant, friendly staff and owner but I was a little disappointed with the lasagne as they had substituted the baked cheese topping for a healthy portion of acidic tomato and garlic sauce.
    Will be returning shortly after Xmas on a kind of honeymoon but with a large family entourage in tow, Will definately return to the Rachavadee unless anyone can suggest better.
    What did it for me was that I noticed the beach to be full of natural ocean debris every morning, but not outside Rachavadee, as an early riser I was out on the beach one morning at 5.30 and noticed one of the staff hand picking the beach clean, nice attention to detail.

#7 Posted: 1/4/2010 - 06:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.