Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Easiest/Fastest way from Krabi to Khao Sok

• juliadee

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010

What is the easiest way to get from Krabi to Khoa Sok?

How long is the travel time between the two places?

How much should it cost?

Where can I find bus info?

:) Thank you! I itinerary is shaping up!

#1 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 22:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Fastest way will be tourist minibus -- most guesthouses in Krabi will be able to get you on such a bus straight to Khao Sok - I'd guess fare is a couple of hundred baht. I'm not sure if there is a direct public bus between Krabi and Khao Sok.

#2 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 08:42

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Yeah, I've used the travellers' minibus. Takes a direct route on good mountain roads vs the < route of the public buses. The public buses will need a change of bus abt midway too.
    Can't remember the price but not outrageous - certainly worth the time saved. My bus even dropped me at my bungalow place abt one km down from the main road bus-stop.
    Starts in town too, usually picking up from the pier and from travel agents and hotels/guesthouses vs the public bus starting from Krabi bus station about 4km out of town.

#3 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 17:24

• juliadee

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010

Oh that would be nice! Are we going to be able to get onto a tourist bus without staying anywhere in Krabi first? We would be coming from Phi Phi an then going directly to Khao Sok. Thank you!

#4 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 17:35

• NITraveller

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011

Hello, like juliadee I'm also planning on heading to Khao Sok coming from Phi Phi. Does anyone know rough times of the traveller's minibus/if I can book it on arrival at the pier in Krabi ? We won't be staying in Krabi first, I'm hoping to take an early ferry from Phi Phi and ideally head straight to Khao Sok that morning.

#5 Posted: 4/3/2011 - 04:41

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

To get to Khao Sok you will probably have to get a mini bus to Phuket and then change from there. There are also public buses.

Either way you should get a bus/mini-bus heading to Phuket but get off in Khok Kloy. From Khok Kloy get a public bus to Khao Sok. There are only 2 a day so you should check the times and make sure you can catch one. It is a Surat Thani bound bus that leaves from Phuket and stops in Khao Lak and Khao Sok along the way.

If you don't get off in Khok Kloy you will waste 2 hours because you will have to go in and out of Phuket. Khok Kloy will by pass it.

#6 Posted: 6/3/2011 - 07:25

• NITraveller

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011

Many thanks! Will see if I can find a bit more info on this route and the times.

#7 Posted: 6/3/2011 - 18:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai/Cambodia border crossing: easiest and fastest option from Ko Chang ... By JuliaMcD on 29 Jul 2012 5 6131 12 Aug 2012
Krabi - Koh tao fastest way ... By Sparrk on 26 Feb 2011 1 4549 26 Feb 2011
Krabi-Khao Lak-Khao Sok by public transport ... By McCaskell on 6 Oct 2007 11 13711 3 Apr 2012