Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel Help Ko Phangan to Bangkok

• DaviPigg

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2010

I need to get from Ko Phangan to Bangkok on 3rd April. I need to travel in one day and cheaply. What is the best option? I have checked flight prices on Bangkok Air they are pretty pricey (£100) but is obviously the easiest option. Flights seem really cheap on Asia Air, but only fly from Surat Thani. Is that a pain to travel to? Plus after ferries etc... is it that much cheaper? Any ideas? what other options do i have? Any other budget airlines I don't know about?
    Many thanks
    Dave

#1 Posted: 9/3/2010 - 06:33

• Advertisement

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I've done it. We considered all the options you have andmore. Decided it wasn't worth the effort so took a boat to Samui and then flew from there. A little mnore expensive but much more convenient. Saved us half a day easily - all depends how much you value your time. We decided an extra half day on the beach was worth it.

You of course have other options, there are threads all over this forum with more details, boat/train combo's etc...still, I'd just pay the money for the flight :)

#2 Posted: 9/3/2010 - 06:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel bangkok to koh phangan ... By smiller9 on 9 Oct 2012 1 1800 9 Oct 2012
Bangkok to Koh Phangan travel advice ... By john1200 on 11 Feb 2010 1 1124 11 Feb 2010