Great Trek Experience - Chiang Mia

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Last year we went with Pooh Eco-Trekking and had a fantastic 3 day hike and hill tribe stay. Many people have told me they had lackluster time trekking around Chiang Mai but ours was really good. Highly recommended.

The price is steeper than other treks - but we went with only the two of us. As well, the trek and the people we stayed with were incredible. We left no trash, brought lots of our own food in, and ate some rats and things the locals caught (tarantula egg sack is not fantastic like they say). We would totally go on another trek with them. So - not for vegetarians but there idea of low-impact includes seeing the locals sling-shot a bird from a tree for you to munch on for lunch - as they would.

Pooh Eco-Trekking
    59 Rajchapakinai Rd, Chiang Mai, 50200
    Tel: (053)208-538 Mobile: (085)0414-971
    E-mail: remimin@loxinfo.co.th

#1 Posted: 9/3/2010 - 09:15

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Good to hear. Also here is Pooh's website http://www.pooh-ecotrekking.com/Pooh.htm. His office is just up the road from mine. I do the more mainstream treks and sometimes point folks to Pooh's place if they want something more specific.

#2 Posted: 11/3/2010 - 01:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
6hour trek for gibbon experience? ... By wemaybesometime on 12 May 2007 0 1617 12 May 2007