The Other (Eastern) Islands - Ko Chang, Ko Maak, Ko Wai

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I want to recommend to anyone looking for a relaxed island experience to go to the Eastern Islands near Trat and Cambodia. We went last February and had a fantastic time without all the chaos that my friends have (happily) reported from the other more often visited chains.

I prefer lounging with curry, eating fish steaks, having a cool bottle of beer and reading a book - for this we found that Ko Maak was wonderful. The food on the bach fantastic and the people were very cool. Ended up spending most of the days listening to the sand crabs chirping - though the water is a little rocky and shallow.

Ko Wai was a great place to relax and hang out with people in the evening.

Ko Chang - KB Bungalows on Kai Bae was affordable and right on a nice coconut grove near the beach. The food at the resort one north (with the deck right next to the water was great).

As well - Long Beach was very secluded and relaxing. Staying at Zion was a great spot at the south end of the Island. We'd come back to this place by taking a fishing boat that was headed from Ko Wai and they just took us up to the beach. Treehouse was a nice place to stay and relax but Zion was closer to the action of the waves. The beach has a great tide effect, becoming massive when its out.

Okay - this was last year and I'm rambling, but I think these Eastern Islands just don't get enough praise.

#1 Posted: 9/3/2010 - 09:33

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Eastern islands? ... By Slugo on 23 Jul 2011 9 2399 5 Sep 2012
Eastern Thailand Islands 16 days advice please! ... By peejglynn on 10 Aug 2010 6 2438 11 Aug 2010
Ko Chang and Ko Maak ... By fernery on 2 Jan 2009 6 4652 2 Jan 2009
Windsurfing in Ko Chang or Ko Maak ... By quietwindsurfer on 31 Dec 2010 0 2728 31 Dec 2010
Koh Chang, Koh Maak, and other questions... ... By husker16 on 29 Sep 2010 19 2796 7 Dec 2010
Christmas around Ko Chang/Ko Maak? ... By shrn62 on 17 Nov 2007 0 2857 17 Nov 2007