Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

What island to go to in June 2010?

Posted by skmason on 11/3/2010 at 07:47

Hi All!

I am looking for some information on Thai islands!

My boyfriend and I and my parents are heading over to Thailand from June 4th - June 29th. We are planning on starting in bangkok, heading up to Chiang Mai, heading down some islands in the south and then over to Songkhla/ Hat Yai area to visit some friends.

I am wondering... if we should head to the islands first since June is the start of the rainy season, the beginning of june might be less rainy than the end of june.

I am also wondering what would be the best island to go to for that time of year. I am looking for:

Great scenery
great snorkeling (off shore and day trips to other islands)
authentic thai food and culture
and not as crowded as samuii or phuket

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Susannah

#1 skmason has been a member since 11/3/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/3/2010 at 14:21 admin

In June I'd recommend stucking to the islands on the east coast -- namely Ko Samio Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao -- of the three Ko Tao has the best snorkelling. You can see more Thai weather info here: http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tezza on 13/3/2010 at 20:16

Ditto, those islands have what you ask and the weather is usually dry there that time of year. Got more detail on the other JUNE thread on this page.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.