Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

What island to go to in June 2010?

• skmason

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2010

Hi All!

I am looking for some information on Thai islands!

My boyfriend and I and my parents are heading over to Thailand from June 4th - June 29th. We are planning on starting in bangkok, heading up to Chiang Mai, heading down some islands in the south and then over to Songkhla/ Hat Yai area to visit some friends.

I am wondering... if we should head to the islands first since June is the start of the rainy season, the beginning of june might be less rainy than the end of june.

I am also wondering what would be the best island to go to for that time of year. I am looking for:

Great scenery
    great snorkeling (off shore and day trips to other islands)
    authentic thai food and culture
    and not as crowded as samuii or phuket

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Susannah

#1 Posted: 11/3/2010 - 07:47

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

In June I'd recommend stucking to the islands on the east coast -- namely Ko Samio Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao -- of the three Ko Tao has the best snorkelling. You can see more Thai weather info here: http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

Cheers

#2 Posted: 11/3/2010 - 14:21

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Ditto, those islands have what you ask and the weather is usually dry there that time of year. Got more detail on the other JUNE thread on this page.

#3 Posted: 13/3/2010 - 20:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.