Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Malaysia or Thailand for Christmas

• Carlos82

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2010
    Location Ireland

Hi Folks,

I’m arriving in Malaysia at the end of November 2010 for a years travelling with my girlfriend and am looking some where nice to spend Christmas and New Year. I had looked at Langkawi but had thought also of moving up into Thailand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Carl

#1 Posted: 11/3/2010 - 23:52

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Why not do both? In November/Dec just past I spent time on Langkawi and then hopped across by speedboat into Thailand to visit Ko Lipe and Ko Bulon Lae.
    Ko Adang and Ko Tarutao are two other islands close to Lipe, and it is possible to island hop all the way to Krabi or Phuket.
    Emigration/immigration handled on the pier at Langkawi and in a beach office at Lipe.
    All these islands are nice places to spend time.

#2 Posted: 13/3/2010 - 20:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Christmas 2010 Malaysia or Thailand ? ... By Carlos82 on 11 Mar 2010 4 2826 15 Mar 2010