Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

First time travellers! 10 week trip Thailand>Malaysia>Singapore

Posted by rledez1990 on 12/3/2010 at 19:28

Myself and my boyfriend are flying into Bangkok on 1st May and flying out of Singapore on 10th July. I've been trying to put together a rough itinerary but i'm struggling as i've never been to s.e. asia before.

The (very rough) plan that i do have is this, and not necessarily in this order:
1)Stay in Bangkok for a few days
2)Travel to the North around Chiang Mai
3)Travel down to the islands- maybe visit some on the Andaman coast if the rainy season permits, otherwise stick to islands on the gulf coast where iv read that the weather is less rainy?
4)Travel briefly through Malaysia and into Singapore over the last 2 weeks of our time

I'm aware that this is a very minimal plan but thats why im appealing for help to everyone and anyone who has travelled here before!!
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou

#1 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/3/2010 at 08:40 admin

Hi,

Starting with a very general plan like yours can be a good approach as it gives you a lot more flexibility once you're there. I'd agree with your thoughts to stick to the east coast islands due to weather -- an upside will be that the Perhentians in Malaysia will be great time of year -- so don't forget to allow for there.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.