Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Soi 1 Guesthouse=Top Hostel in Bangkok

• lodesafun

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2006

I went to the two hostels mentioned by Travelfish in Bangkok, (Guys you need to have a look at Big Johns Again seems to have gone downhill a bit.)
    Being in and out of Bangkok alot lately thru trial and error I have found This one on Soi1 in Sukhumvit. iS THE go. Cheap, Clean and friendly is my main criteria the great access to public transpo Is an added bonus.It's (Close to Siam Square) Take the trip the tell you about using the Canals, The canals are hardly ever mentioned and they are great for getting a " Backyard" look at the real Bangkok.

#1 Posted: 31/10/2006 - 07:28

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

lodes,

nice call on recommending the canal boats for getting around. it is a great local experience, and the klongs don't get backed up with rush hour traffic the way the rest of the city does. just don't swallow any of the "water" if you get splashed.

do you have any info to share on where you picked up the boats, where you went, and what it cost? any tips to share on riding the boats? thanks.

#2 Posted: 31/10/2006 - 10:00

• lodesafun

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2006

The one stop I often started with was at the end of soi 1. Another stop I use is at Pratunum. ( gets you by the IT Plaza (Pantip), Also the last stop west is about 3 blocks from koh san rd. On the Maps that are given out you can see the Canal boat stops represented as a boat that is pictured on the canal.
    It is the BEST way to get around, sometimes a bit on the nose, but Cheap to the river( koh san area) from sukhumvit soi 1 is 18 baht.
    I belive to know all the routes you'd have to be a local. It is an experiance just hopping on one and see where it takes you.
    Oh and they only run during daylight hours.
    good travels to ya,
    Lodes..

#3 Posted: 2/11/2006 - 08:44

• lodesafun

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2006

Oh I did'nt give much info on the hostel so heres some info on it.
    Soi 1 Guesthouse, 220/7 Sukhumvit Soi 1. phone 02 655 0604. web site is www.soi1guesthouse.com but you can make your booking thru travelfish
    4 minutes walking from BTS, (station E2). for more go look the web site.
    lodes.......

#4 Posted: 2/11/2006 - 08:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
free wifi bangkok guesthouse cheap nice good rent private room hotel Khao san road hostel backpacker ... By bluefinGh on 21 Jun 2014 0 423 21 Jun 2014
A newly renovated boutique hostel: HQ Hostel Bangkok, Silom Road. ... By archpop on 23 Jun 2008 0 3813 1 Nov 2008