Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Travelling with insulin?

• Denny

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006

One last Question, before leaving,I will be carrying insulin, syringes, and prescription pills with me, i am told to bring a doctors note saying im required to have them, I have not flown since becoming diabetic.
    Just wondering if you get harrased carrying needles with you,
    Thanks Den

#1 Posted: 20/11/2006 - 14:24

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Danny,

I wouldn't expect any problems, though having the paperwork is a good idea. Your only concern may be in remote-ish areas where your room may not have a fridge to store the insulin -- just another thing to check before accepting a room.

#2 Posted: 21/11/2006 - 08:41

• pilgrim

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2006

My partner travels regularly with insulin and syringes. Always carries a doctors note and has never had a problem.
    He has never been too worried about keeping the insulin cool, though of course it is recommended. The insulin seems to have held up on trips of up to 6 weeks in tropical climates ( though I am sure this is not recommended...)

#3 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 14:08

• Denny

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006

Thanks, i am getting a note just to be safe.
    As for keeping the insulin cool, that is a tough one.
    Im not sure i can get the type i need there, it's a fairly new kind. So i am trying to find info on a longer best before date, not the ideal one they tell you. A month not chilled they say. If its like the salad dressing in my refrigerator, i will be fine.
    I will see what the Doc say's tomorrow.
    Thanks Dennis

#4 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 15:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.