Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Beware AirAsia problems

• Averydka

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2006
    Total reviews: 5

Wanted to let everyone know of a problem I encountered purchasing flights using the AirAsia website. They have no check system in place, so I purchased a connecting flight from Kuala Lumpar to Phuket (starting in Siem Reap) and due to having to clear customs in Kuala Lumpar and AirAsia saying they don't check bags all the way through to your final destination....I missed the connection. When I went to the AirAsia office in Kuala Lumpar, the agent wanted to know who had sold me the tickets because I needed 3 hours to get a flight out of Malaysia. When I told him I purchased the tickets online and the AirAsia website allowed me to do so, he had nothing to say about it.
    So just be careful if you are connecting, because they will take your money fully knowing you won't be able to make the flight.

#1 Posted: 9/12/2006 - 06:25

• Advertisement

• Cafank

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2006

Thanks for this Averydka, this is just what I was about to do..use this website for KL, Phuket transfers. I will make sure I leave lots of time

#2 Posted: 8/1/2007 - 13:13

• liquefiedst-
    ars

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2008

Averydka, can you help clarify what you mean by you need 3 hours to fly out of Malaysia? Are you talking about the case where you have 2 connecting Air Asia flights, and need at least 3 hours in between to make the connecting flight because they don't check your bags to your final destination?

I am flying into KL (from Sydney) via another airline, and have 2 hours before my connecting Air Asia flight out of KL to Bangkok. Would that be sufficient time, given customs, another check-in,etc?

Many thanks.

#3 Posted: 6/5/2008 - 11:06

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Actually Air Asia does say this in the terms and conditions

"We are strictly a point-to-point carrier and shall not be responsible to you for any connecting flights. We shall not be liable to you for your failure to meet any connecting flights."

If you ask them they always say you should allow 3 hours for connecting flights though this is not always necessary.

Two hours should be enough for you liquefiedstars except for the fact that Air Asia uses the LCCT (the low cost carrier terminal) in Kuala Lumpur and your incoming flight may well be arriving at the main terminal which is known as KLIA.

There are shuttle buses between the two ... If I remember right I think it takes roughly 20mins to get between the two terminals but best be safe and google to verify that info.

You may be pushing it by the time you collect your bag though ... It depends if your incoming flight is on time I guess.

#4 Posted: 6/5/2008 - 19:37

• liquefiedst-
    ars

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2008

Thanks, SBE :) I did think that was cutting it a bit close. Will put myself on a later connecting flight, especially with the transfer to another terminal.

#5 Posted: 6/5/2008 - 22:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
AirAsia website booking problems? ... By grak88 on 27 May 2012 4 2325 19 Jun 2012