Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Hitting Thailand in May

• andyp3195

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I will be arriving in Thailand in May after working in South Korea, Singapore and India and will be in the country from May 19. Am planning to spend a short time in Bangkok before hitting the islands! If anyone has an advice on potential places to stay in Bangkok and Phuket for example this would be great.

Would also love to meet up with anyone interested in joining in the fun!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Andy

#1 Posted: 27/3/2011 - 23:05

• Advertisement

• wofter

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011

I too arrive from USA on May 19th and want to visit the island. As I understand the norms May is very rainy but I believe at the east or west is better to visit as the rains are less intense. In BKK I stay at a service apt called Somerset Sathon normally and I get an apt with daily maid service and breakfast. I am way past the back pack thing.
    If anyone can advise on best plaves to visit in islands for a 4 day period that would be great.
    Mark

#2 Posted: 14/4/2011 - 01:02

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

In Phuket it has to be Patong! Try the Lamai Inn (not to be confused with the Lamai Hotel a few building along, although this is run by the same people and is probably pretty much the same) which is on the road which runs parallel to the beach road and is close enough to all the action that you can be at Bangla Road or the beach in just over 5 minutes, and is just far enough away from the action that you can get a good nights sleep! When we visited (in late May) it was only 500b a night (we did book 4 or 5 nights in advance though to get a cheaper deal). Its really good value for money with big double beds, a/c, ensuite, tv/dvd, fridge, wifi and computers downstairs that you can use free of charge!

#3 Posted: 30/4/2011 - 03:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.