Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

HALIFAX BANK

• karlos74

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Just a warning to any Brits who has or have been using their Halifax Bankcards in the ATM machines in Thailand which I have for some time.........Its all stopped now .I went to the bank ATM this morning and tried to withdraw some money but just kept getting the "Transaction Cancelled, Contact Your Bank" message I tried several machines nearby and got the same message so I contacted my bank in England to see what the problem was and was told due to the high volume of fraud in Thailand they have decided as of this morning Jan 18th to stop allowing thier cards to be used in ATM machines she also added that I was still able to use my card as direct debit in shops and I could go to any bank in Thailand with my passport and withdraw money there, which I did today but the first bank I went i(Bangkok Bank) nto refused me saying that I can not withdraw money this way as I had only a Visa Electron but the 2nd (Bank of Ayudhaya) was no problem, Since there is nothing on the Halifax website about this I thought I would post this incase anyone was having problems with there card and did not know why. I did contact The Woolwich my other Brit bank too to see if they were going to do the same but they said it was something that Halifax had decided to thereselves.

#1 Posted: 28/1/2007 - 00:31

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.