Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

long distance telephone calls

• topogene88

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2008

6 aug 11 khon kaen
    just arrived from Cambodia and I check my emails after a few days neglect, someone tried to use my credit card number in the US for something. The bank picked it up and canceled the transaction. But now they want me to call them, collect even, to tell me now I do not have a credit card. Now, has anyone out there ever made a collect call from Thailand? To make it interesting I'll include Lao, Vietnam, and Cambodia. It's the week end here, ToT and CaT are closed. I do not carry a cell phone, but I do carry a net book.
    Where does someone go to make a long distance telephone call in S/E Asia?
    Many Thanks to all what might reply, and I'll be buying the beer in Lao next week.
    Not really the entire country, but for a week or so around Pakse, in the south.
    Cheers, Pole Sana

#1 Posted: 6/8/2011 - 21:22

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

any internet shop

#2 Posted: 6/8/2011 - 21:32

• topogene88

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2008

Please let me get this very clear, I can go to any internet shop in Thailand, Lao, Cambodia and Vietnam and use a telephone to make a collect call to the US.
    And also you've done it.
    Cheers Pole Sana

#3 Posted: 6/8/2011 - 21:39

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Most Internet shops have computer telephone service but not all have private booths, you'll have to search around.Whether you call collect or not you'll still have to pay per minute but I would imagine a call to U.S.A. would be pretty cheap.I've made international calls from all those countries except Laos.Last time we phoned Russia from Cambodia and it worked out about 5 cents a minute.Thailand is also cheap. I couldn't give you prices off the top of my head but would imagine the call isn't going to be expensive if you use the internet.

#4 Posted: 6/8/2011 - 22:07

• topogene88

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2008

Sayadian, Thank You! Tomorrow I will try out your advice here in Khon Kaen and get back to you soon. I was very sure that the hole idea of a collect call from anywhere here in S/E Asia was a bit out the window, but the people back in the US do not, unfortunately, understand how some of the business is done over here.
    Cheers Pole Sana

#5 Posted: 6/8/2011 - 22:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Long distance bus travel straight after new years? ... By samalive on 14 Dec 2009 0 1131 14 Dec 2009
Vietnam Airlines for a long distance flight? ... By Hemsi on 12 Aug 2010 9 5616 20 Aug 2010