Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Help with planing a route!

• PinkyPlatts1

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2011

Hi Ya,

Can any of you help me plan a route from Bangkok to Singapore.

Im going for one month, arrive in BKK on 13th April, then connecting flight from singapore to Sydney on 12th May.

Basically im not fussed about doing North Thailand Chang Mai etc.

Ideally i would love to try and see all of the below:

Bangkok
    Krabi
    Phuket
    Koh Phi Phi
    Koh Samui
    Koh Phangan
    Penang
    Kuala Lumper
    Melaka
    Singapore

I have no idea where to go first, or how to travel to each location and how long to stay in each place for. (the easiest way)

I have ordered Lonley Planet but waiting delievery for a few weeks.

Is the above do able? and if so where do u recommend i go to first etc etc

I would like to go to the Half Moon party on 29th April 2012 in Ko Phangan, but this means we only have 10 days to travel south to KL through to Singapore.

can anyone offer advice. im open to suggestions and flexible. as im only just starting planning.

Thank you Guys

xx

#1 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 19:50

• Advertisement

• PinkyPlatts1

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2011

i was thinking the below

Bangkok 13th - 15th (3days)
    Krabi 16th - 18th (3days)
    Ko Phi Phi 19th -21st (3days)
    Phuket 22nd - 25th (3days)
    Ko Samui 26th - 28th (3days)
    Ko Phangan 29th - 1st May (3 days and half moon)
    Penang 2nd - 4th May (3days)
    Kuala Lumper 5th - 7th (3days)
    Melaka 8th -9th May (2days)
    Singapore 10th - 12th May (3days)

Is this do able? i have no idea how long it takes to get to each location. i guess that will be next on my agenda.

x

#2 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 20:22

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I would say two things:

From April 16th - May 1st you are proposing to see 5 beach resorts/islands. All this will accomplish is boxes ticked. I would suggest picking the two that appeal to you the most and spending c.8 days in each. Go for two with some variety (maybe Krabi and Ko Phangan for e.g.) and relax in each place. Three days in five different ones seems like hell and too much moving around.

Add a day onto Penang and take one off KL.

Good luck.

#3 Posted: 15/9/2011 - 21:03

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

I would agree with Chinarocks, sounds like too much in too little time. Maybe think of leaving some time to explore a place instead of rushing off to the next. With this itinerary, you would be spending more than 60 hours of your vacation in transit. Chop that down to about 20 and you're looking at a much more pleasurable vacation. No one wants to deal with touts selling overpriced tickets, price-gouging taxis and tuk-tuks, crappy local buses and trains, and terrible rest stop nutrition. If you're going to all these places, at least fly to those that are long journeys. Good luck, and don't get too burnt out on traveling.

#4 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 02:00

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Looks like a lot of islands and beaches - have you considered the Cameron Highlands for a change of pace - (not sure how wet it will be then)? Considering when you're visiting make sure to look at weather forecasts before choosing where to whittle the islands down. You'll probably get less rain in the Gulf of Thailand at that time.

#5 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 06:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.