Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Island View Resort, Koh Chang

• islandview

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2012

Island View Resort, Koh Chang
    Adress: 43/10 Moo 2 Salak Phet Bay, Rong Than Village, Tambon Koh Chang Tai, Koh Chang Tai, Koh Chang (Trad), Thailand 23170
    Telefon: German/English: 0859635130 - Thai/English: 0891552669
    http://www.erlebnisreisen-thailand.de/en/home_en.html
    Description: Island View Resort is a unique Homestay, build on the Water like the local Fishermen Houses in the Salak Phet Bay on Koh Chang in eastern Thailand.
    The Resort has 9 Rooms with Terrace in the Mainhouse and additional Apartments with Balkony and Swimmingpool on the nearby Hill, all with Aircondition and modern Bathroomand hot Shower. The Mainhouse provides a Restaurant with Thai and International Food, the Restaurant Area serves also as Space for Hanging Out. The Owner is Thai and lives since more than 10 Years on the Island and knowns the Area very well and will provide for the Guests Informations about all possible Activities in the Area. There is a Sailingschool and Boatcharter attached to the Resort.
    Roomrates:
    Double room with queen size bed 900 Baht
    Double room with queen size bed 1000 Baht
    Double room with king size bed 1000 Baht
    Double room with king size bed corner room 1100 Baht
    Holiday home large with sofa and chair set without kitchen 1100 Baht
    Holiday home large with sofa and chair set and Kitchen 1300 Baht
    Holiday home standard without kitchen 900 Baht
    Holiday home standard with kitchen 1100 Baht

#1 Posted: 5/5/2012 - 22:17

• Advertisement

• rubens_genie

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2012

My Girlfriend and me spent nearly a Week on this lovely and peacefull Resort. As we arrived, the Rooms "on the Water" were fully occupied and we got a Room on the Apartments on the Hill, near the Sweimmingpool ( I wonder, how they managed to build this Pool there, as the public Road ends around 800 Meter away from this Resort ) and a great View. The Stuff was very friendly and attentive, we got a early Briefing, what to explore around in the Area
    The Restaurant serves a very good and delicious Food, the other Guests came mostly from Europe and we had nice Evenings, while chatting with them.
    The Days were full of Activities: we went several Times with the free Canoe to the nearby "white Sand Beach" on the small Island Koh Sai Khao, a romantic Experience to be alone with my Girlfriend there...
    We also took a Boattour to many Islands in this Area, stopping on unspoiled Bays and Beaches, snorkelling in cristal clear Water, a great Day. We also rented a Motorbike for one Day and toured arround in the Fishing Village, in the Jungle and in the Mangrove Forest. The last Day we just enjoyed relaxing and hangeg out on the Terrace of our Room on the Water, watching the Sailing- and Fishing Boats passing by. We really had a great Time there and are planning to come back this Year to learn Sailing at the Boat Charter and School, close to this Resort. Forgot to mention: if you want to rent a small Motorboat and tour arround yourself, this is the right Place and the only Resort on Koh Chang, you can do so

#2 Posted: 9/5/2012 - 23:08

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I paid 300 baht for my bungalow w/private bathroom on Lonely beach. Personally I hate white sand beach & the OP is just spamming, the reply seems like a buddy, both are first posts.

#3 Posted: 9/5/2012 - 23:57

• KidCat

Joined Travelfish
    11th May, 2012

After arriving the first Time in Thailand and spending 10 Days in the "Browl" of Bangkok, I will head to Koh Chang for some Weeeks in Need of a total relaxed Place.
    After visiting the Webpage of this Resort - and other Travelforums in the Net - I am considering to visit this Resort and will give you my Review. Seems to be somthing "out of the TravellerĀ“s Box" in my short Overview

#4 Posted: 27/5/2012 - 02:09

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"the OP is just spamming, the reply seems like a buddy, both are first posts."

Yep

#5 Posted: 27/5/2012 - 11:29

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Jeez guys, one of the aims of this section is to allow owners to inform us of their joint. So the OP is okay. I agree the first response looks a bit suss, but the info is informative.

Thing is, I'm real keen on staying somewhere on the Salak Phet side - and the pool + bungalows over water seem real appealing to me.
    Plus from what I hear, a landslide has made access to the new Tree House at Long Beach over that side real difficult. Wish someone could give some up to date info about repairs etc.

#6 Posted: 9/6/2012 - 08:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bay View Resort Hat Yao ... By Kennyd on 14 Apr 2006 0 1103 14 Apr 2006