Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Kalume resort kradan

• Mike259

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2012

Hi has anybody stayed at the kalume resort ko kraden lately ?
    There web site has disappeared of the web
    I want to try and book for feb
    Thanks mike

#1 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 11:43

• Advertisement

• kylientanis

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2011

Hi Mike
    I am also looking for contact details for kalume resort, have you had any luck with the phone number or another website?
    Thanks

#2 Posted: 3/10/2012 - 16:53

• Mike259

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2012

Hi sorry no luck yet I have tried to email them but no reply
    If I get one I will let you know
    Regards Mike

#3 Posted: 4/10/2012 - 01:54

• Mike259

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2012

I see kalume web site is back on the web

Mike

#4 Posted: 8/10/2012 - 12:22

• kylientanis

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2011

Hi Mike
    I received a reply from Kalume, they said their website and email had problems for a 'few' days!
    What do you think of the new prices - 1500B for bamboo and 2200B for wooden, a bit of a price jump!
    Kylie

#5 Posted: 10/10/2012 - 13:46

• Mike259

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2012

Hi Kylie
    Yes I think the prices are high for what you get,but what are the other options
    If you want to stay on kradan.we have have looked at kradan beach resort
    But they have very bad reports on tripadvisor what do you think?
    We are also looking at coral garden resort I think it is owned by kalume
    But we are not sure as it is very expensive. My wife doesent fancy paradice lost
    And we did want to stay on the beach, do you have any other ideas?
    Regards Mike

#6 Posted: 13/10/2012 - 03:30

• kylientanis

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2011

I have booked at Kalume for Jan. Was also looking at paradise lost but didn't have any luck with the phone numbers. I thought Kalume and paradise lost looked like the best choices! I can let you know how we go in Jan!

If your not going to Feb, you could possibly wing it and just decide when you get there - you'll probably get a much better rate and then you could check out the rooms first! Because we are going in peak season we are booking ahead but you might be lucky!
    Good luck with the trip planning!

Kylie

#7 Posted: 15/10/2012 - 23:37

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

There's a newish budget/flashpacker place on the south-eastern beach (the one with the good coral) called Ao Niang Beach Resort. Google might find contact numbers and it could be a good one walk in.

Moon, the guy who originally ran Kradan Beach Resort, has a new place a bit south called Paradise or just Moon's.

A lot of people confuse Kradan Beach Resort with Kradan Island Resort - the latter is in the far north of the main beach, past Kalume. And a contact told me that there was a new resort under construction between Kalume and Kradan Island Resort late last year- looked a bit upmarket. Maybe one of the booking sites like sawadee.com or Agoda can find it.

So Mike, you have no shortage of alternatives. In the case the island is booked out, National Parks at the southern end of the main beach has tents.

Kylie, any chance of some feedback here after your visit? - I've wondered about Kalume for some time.

A friend of mine just sent me a link to his great Kradan snorkelling page - lotsa info, pix and maps.
    http://whatsthesnorkellinglike.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/thailand_kradan/

#8 Posted: 25/10/2012 - 05:51

• kylientanis

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2011

Thanks for the info Tezza! Will definately provide some feedback! We haven't paid upfront for our room at Kalume, so if its not so great we will check out the other places you suggested when we arrive.

The snorkelling page looks great - makes me want to be there now!
    Kylie

#9 Posted: 2/11/2012 - 18:19

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I'll be able to give some feedback myself before you guys go - I just booked 3 nights at Kradan Island Resort thru Agoda - prices seemed reasonable. I think Travelfish's booking engine may be affiliated with Agoda so this is one way to make sure our favourite travel info site gets a cut (sorry Somtan, I forgot and just used Google to find Agoda).

I didn't try to book Paradise Lost on account it's often hard to contact and I like tying new accommodation - my old mate Wally may be cut if in fact he is not at capacity, but I will make sure to call in for a meal or three for what I've found is the best grub on the island (a bit more exxy than budget bungalow restaurants but worth it in portion size alone - forget about the superior taste).

Some of you long-termers might be thinking I'm going a bit soft booking ahead rather than the traditional buget travellers' walk-in - but Lady Tezza is coming and she don't like hiking around looking for a vacancy, particularly when one mightn't exist outside the NP tents. And a tenter she aint

#10 Posted: 4/11/2012 - 20:36

• Advertisement

• kylientanis

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2011

Hi Tezza
    Have you been to Kradon island resort? Very curious to hear what you think, we may change to there!! :)

#11 Posted: 11/12/2012 - 18:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Kradan island, andaman sea, new resort ... By kalumevillage on 25 Nov 2008 0 2780 25 Nov 2008
Kradan Beach resort or Paradise Lost? ... By Bigsterrules on 19 Sep 2009 13 4417 25 Nov 2010