Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Can I go in and out of Thailand more than 3 times???

• jbarney

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2012

I am going to be traveling SE Asia starting Nov 5th, I will be going in and out of Thailand more than 3 times to other countries. Does anyone know what I need to get? As in do I need a multiple entry non-immigrant visa? I will be traveling for 120 days. I do know I have to leave Thailand every 30 days but wondering after the 3rd re-entry will Thailand let me come in again? I hope this makes sense cause I am needing the answers! THANK YOU!!!!!

#1 Posted: 9/10/2012 - 23:18

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

That's a tough one. First off it's 30 days if you arrive by air but half of that if you arrive on a land border. I'd say you'd be OK but it might be worth checking a Thai consulate as the Thais seem to make the rules up as they go along.

#2 Posted: 10/10/2012 - 10:46

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

See here:
    http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/55

"Foreigners who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category and would like to leave and re-enter may only stay for a cumulative duration which does not exceed 90 days and is within a 6-month period from the date of first entry. (Passport or travel document must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of first entry)."

So as I understand it, you can go in and out of Thailand provided the cumulative duration of your stay does not exceed 90 days for a 6-month period beginning from date of first entry.

#3 Posted: 10/10/2012 - 10:54

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Didn't they scrap the "3 times and you're out" rule a few years ago? I think it's just 90 days stay every six months now. Captain Bob will know I expect.

#4 Posted: 10/10/2012 - 13:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.