Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

3 Week Travelling

• Trimm18

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2013

Hey all...
    Me and my girlfriend are travelling to Thailand 26th - 16th Sept. I was hoping for a little advice on best way to plan a Itinerary which would include visiting temples and relaxing on some of the beautiful beaches. I really want to visit Cambodia, Southern Vietnam within the 3 weeks, am I being unrealistic trying to get all of this into 3 weeks? Also my girlfriends stepmum is from Thailand and she says the weather is fine this time of year is she slightly over exaggerating to make us feel better about it being the rainy season? Oh and my gf really wants to visit an elephant park is Chiang Mai the best place for this

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

#1 Posted: 3/3/2013 - 13:48

• Advertisement

• MandarinJou-
    rney

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2014
    Location Earth

Hi Trimm,

Saw your post and the fact that nobody answered yet, so I wanted to give you some insight if I may and if you haven't yet finished organizing your trip (although you are leaving in 6 days, if I understood well).

- You are not being unrealistic in seeing all of this in 3 weeks, just keep in mind that transportation will have to be in Airplane if you want to really get everywhere and not lose days. From the south (Krabi,Surat Thani or Hat Yai, you have planes to BKK,Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap... so no real problem there.Depends really on how much time you consider is enough to relax on the beaches!

-For Elephant parks. I personally recommend ELEPHANT NATURE PARK, close to Chiang Mai. It is an animal sanctuary where Elephants are rescued and well taken care of. There are other sanctuaries I can recommend if you are really interested. You can call them and they'll pick you up from your hotel.

-If you need some other recommendations we created a cool map that can help!
    https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zqAoCDutBsCw.keiFnlzXeg5o

You have probably already planned everything out so I hope it goes well and that this message doesn't arrive too late. If you need anything don't hestitate to ask!

#2 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 01:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.