Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Kailash Akhara sustainable yoga

• kailashakha-
    ra

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2014

Kailash Akhara is a yoga & meditation retreat based on a sustainable community in the jungle of North Eastern Thailand.

Kailash Akhara also contains one of the largest yoga mandirs (practice halls) in the world, a stunning Bon mandir, numerous libraries, an open-air gym, children’s playground and retreat huts. We enjoy regional Thai cuisine made with local, fresh ingredients and guests sleep comfortably in our beautiful dorm house, living sustainably in a close relationship with nature.

Kailash Akhara is a unique combination of a Dharma retreat center and an intimate residential dharma community. We run a regular schedule of classes, courses, conferences, short and long retreats and Acarya training programs. You’re also invited to come for a personal practice retreat or work-study program. The center is happy to be a family-friendly environment, therefore family members and children of all ages are welcome. Please come visit us and enjoy being immersed in the natural beauty of northern Thailand.

Our webstite: Yoga & meditation retreat Thailand
    Our retreats: Retreats Kailash Akhara

#1 Posted: 7/8/2014 - 22:26

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"Sustainable Yoga"??? Is there another kind?

#2 Posted: 8/8/2014 - 00:28

• kailashakha-
    ra

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2014

For a moment there I thought I did a wrong write up. Luckely I did not. I did not write sustainable yoga but sustainable community. Which come to think of it might actually wrong also. Everybody likes to sustain their community I guess. What I mean with this is that with the practice of for example permaculture this community tries to rely only on their own land and tries to involve outside utilities as few as possible.
    P.s. As far as I know yoga is for a lot of people not sustainable seeing they quit after a retreat or a few lessons in a studio because it does not fit their schedule.

#3 Posted: 8/8/2014 - 23:42

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Take a look at your headline:
    Kailash Akhara sustainable yoga

#4 Posted: 9/8/2014 - 04:05

• kailashakha-
    ra

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2014

haha you are right. I do not seem able to change it unfortunately. Thanks for the notification though. I dont think this will ever happen again after this conversation.

#5 Posted: 10/8/2014 - 21:19

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

No worries. Not to be pedantic - just caught the eye. Sustainable is the new buzz word. I try to avoid using buzzwords for that reason.

#6 Posted: 11/8/2014 - 10:12

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Is "outlier" not a buzz word?

#7 Posted: 12/8/2014 - 05:50

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

I don't think so... in Travel circles the current favorites have got to be:

1. Amazing
    2. Authentic
    3. Traditional

In environmental circles:

1. Sustainable
    2. Fragile ecosystem (have you ever noticed how all eco system are described as fragile? I've yet to EVER read about a robust eco system).

In the scientific community it is without a doubt "In-situ". Hard to find a modern article without that inserted somewhere, and always with a different meaning depending on the scientific issue at hand.

I don't want to go into pop culture cirlces, it makes my head spin.

#8 Posted: 12/8/2014 - 10:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.