Elliebum Guesthouse, Chiang Mai

• pamgreen

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2008

Elliebum Guesthouse
    Address: 114/3-4, Rachamakka,Phrasingha, Muang,Chiang Mai 50200
    Tel +66 (0) 53814723
    email: elliebum@gmail.com
    Description: Elliebum is a guesthouse, cafe and arts & crafts shop located in the heart of Chiang Mai, northern Thailand. Twin or double rooms with air-conditioning, private bathroom, hot water, toiletries, towels & linens, welcome fruit basket, coffee and tea. Free wifi, tv with international & movie channels, tour bookings and airport pick-ups can be arranged on request. Breakfast included. Cafe on ground floor so coffee, smoothies and food available all day. Inside the walls of the Old City, within ten minutes walk of all the central sites and attractions, 15 minute drive from airport, train or bus station. Staff speak Thai, Mandarin, English and French.
    Room rates
    Twin/Double room, Oct–Apr = 1,400 baht
    Twin/Double room, May–Sep = 1,000 baht
    Extra bed surcharge: 300 baht per room per night

#1 Posted: 26/7/2008 - 06:33

• Advertisement

• wanderlust13

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2009

Hear hear!

I just spent a lovely week at Elliebum. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, and colorful. The location is smack in the middle of the old city, a short walk to pretty much anything. When I stayed, I got free breakfast, but I got to pick anything from the menu...a small but nice extra. The prices are more than fair for all you get. The best thing about Elliebum is Gade, who owns and runs it. For staying 5 nights she gave me a free, personalized cooking class, and when I had a bit of a scooter accident, she went so far as to translate with the driver of the ummm car...that I hit and accompanied me to the repair shop. Such kindness! She shows this kindness to anyone who comes in, as I observed over my time there. I could go on, but suffice to say, despite the large list of options in town, I don't think you could find a better place for your stay.

#2 Posted: 11/8/2009 - 14:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.