Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Ko Lipe - Lipe resort

Posted by patrickwbyrne on 6/1/2009 at 00:32

This resort is expensive and unclean. prices were from 900 to 2800. I viewed all 3 types of bungalows expecting to pay 900 but ended up setteling for the 2800 due to concerns of clenliness. Why did I bother staying? I arrived on the island on Christmas eve and was concerned to get accomodation at all. Breakfast was included and again was very dissapointing. this was maybe a 50bht breakfast served in the resturant which was equally spartan. comparing this place to bad cambodian accomodation in cambodia would be doing injustice to the cambodian alternative. when I moved in, I had to ask the staff to fix a number of items in the room including changing lightbulbs. The staff had no interest in the guest other that their money. I will never stay here again.

#1 patrickwbyrne has been a member since 5/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by ovaciksarah on 25/2/2009 at 20:33

I,m sorry, can,t agree at all. Island is beautiful, people fantastic. My son and I stayed for nearly 4 weeks, 3 of them at Pooh,s. He, his wife and brother couldn,t have been more kind and helpful. bungalow, lovely, included breakfast at their bakery, film every night, took their rottweiler swimming each morning. Then stayed at Thai huts only 500baht, comfortable and clean. If you go, apart from wonderful snorkelling from beach treat yourself for cruise on Dragonheart, Micah and Sarah treat you so well, day to remember and sunset on board.
After Lanta this island is a breath of freshair

#2 ovaciksarah has been a member since 26/9/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by TheGoose on 25/2/2009 at 21:21

I believe the rant was aimed at The Lipe Resort - not the island itself.

#3 TheGoose has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 29

Posted by ovaciksarah on 27/2/2009 at 18:41

ok, sorry, but if he,s so unhappy, why didn,t he find somewhere else, lots of much better, smaller places to stay, big expensive complexes are usually expensive , not friendly,no character etc. this way, putting a lot of people off going

#4 ovaciksarah has been a member since 26/9/2008. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.