Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurant

• bryanwalker

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2009

“Taste from Heaven”
    237-239 Thapae Road (opposite Krung Thai Bank), Cahg Klan, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Tel/Fax +66(0)53 2088803

Welcome to one of Chiang Mai’s newest vegetarian restaurants. You will really enjoy your visit and the delicious food artistically presented at modest prices. The restaurant, close to the Thapae Gate, is spacious, clean and cool; or you can eat and drink outside in the jungle garden. The staff are keen to make your visit memorable. Internet is free for customers and cooking lessons are available (www.tastefromheaven).

There is a wide choice of dishes. My problem was, after tasting the Crispy Morning Glory, I just wanted to order the same item every time I visited! Whatever you chose will make you want to return with your friends.

Taste from Heaven supports the rescue of abused and sick elephants which are nursed back to health and freedom at the
    Elephant Nature Park (www.elephantnaturefoundation.org). Additionally, items on sale are made by invalid people and organic coffee is available supporting Hill Tribes in the north of Thailand and other projects.

So by eating here you are helping many animals and others less fortunate which adds satisfaction and enjoyment to a rich experience.

#1 Posted: 28/2/2009 - 20:03

• Advertisement

• bryanwalker

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2009

I am very sorry to admit that I included three errors in the above notice. Corrections are:

- the address should read 'Chang Klan'

- the telephone number is '+66 (0) 53 208803'

- the web site is actually 'www.taste4heaven.com

Perhaps the web master could make the corrections in the posting.

#2 Posted: 3/3/2009 - 10:05

• billverdant

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2009

Taste from Heaven is a really good restaurant. I went there a couple of times. I can also heartily recommend the Elephant Nature Park, where I spent a week.

The Taste from Heaven cookery course features in my 5-minute podcast about travelling vegan in Thailand:

http://verdantreports.org/2009/05/01/vegan-food-in-thailand/

#3 Posted: 28/7/2009 - 06:30

• lizsaskia

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2010

We went to Taste From Heaven during our short trip to Chiang Mai this year. My boyfriend is a vegetarian and had enjoyed the veggie food Thailand has to offer but found this restaurant to be the best during our whole trip to Thailand. The decor is lovely, including the jungle garden, the staff are very friendly and accommodating with individual requests and the food is delicious and very prettily presented. We also loved the ethical feel to the place and all the good causes they supported. Would highly recommend.

#4 Posted: 22/2/2010 - 19:09

• rogerthedog-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2013

Can i just mention another new vegetarian restaurant that just opened inside of plaza 89 in Nong Hoi. I highly recommend trying out this place as it offers some of the finest thai vegie food i have ever tasted in Chiang Mai. The prices are cheap and there is a decent amount of food on the menu.
    I was super impressed with the hydroponic Tempeh salad only 50 baht. I also had a lovely flavorsome spaghetti dish for 50 baht

check out the page on FB
    https://www.facebook.com/plaza89organicfood

#5 Posted: 21/8/2013 - 01:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
First vegetarian restaurant in Mui Ne ... By christinel83 on 5 Dec 2010 0 2257 5 Dec 2010
Vegetarian Restaurant Siem Reap ... By Chusska on 11 Apr 2011 2 2267 14 Jul 2011
WTF Restaurants - What Tasty Food! The only multi-cuisine vegetarian restaurant in Malaysia. ... By jigz on 27 Jul 2013 4 1239 1 Aug 2013