Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

KANTIANG BAY, Ko Lanta

Posted by scubafish on 22/3/2009 at 11:59

KANTIANG BAY - www.kantiang-bay.com

If you're thinking of going to Ko Lanta, Thailand, do not miss out on a visit to Kantiang Bay in the south of the island. As you enter the bay, you are greeted by a kilometre of white sand beach and crystal clear waters, set against a backdrop of tropical rainforest reaching up into the hillside. With just a handful of resorts that range from simple family-run bungalows to the five-star luxury of the Pimalai Resort, you can live the castaway island dream in whatever manner you choose.
Kantiang Bay is the best place to base yourself if you want to dive some of the top dive sites in Thailand. With spectacular reefs, unmatched marine diversity and great visibility, Kantiang Bay offers the convenience of shorter journey times so you get more chance to enjoy the relaxed and laid back atmosphere of island life.

#1 scubafish has been a member since 21/3/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 3
 Website   Twitter   Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Cowboyshoe on 6/5/2009 at 18:59

Not to pick nits, but why is Kantiang Bay NOT listed on the TravelFish Koh Lanta page? It's one of the island's longest established beaches!

Instead you do list Baan Phruklom Beach . I've lived on Lanta for almost 4 years now and I've never even heard of Baan Phruklom Beach - and neither have any of my Thai friends. It doesn't even appear on any maps! :-)

#2 Cowboyshoe has been a member since 5/12/2006. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.