Flag of Thailand additions

Thailand additions forum

Chiang Mai: Rendezvous Guesthouse - hip place inside old moat

• KhunJaiDee

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2009

The Rendezvous Guesthouse in Chiang Mai is really super nice and the food is good too. Stayed there in October 2009 after hearing of this spot from friends with lots of Chiang Mai experience. Very clean fan room for 480 baht (breakfast and good coffee included) with wifi, cable TV, private bath and shower (hot) and the best bed I have ever had in an asian guesthouse!! I hope they have a vacancy next time I come thru. Restaurant downstairs is a cool place to meet other travellers and share info and stories. Owner was very helpful and arranged an early taxi at a fair price to the airport, in addition to much other assistance during my stay. Spent an afternoon at a cooking school he recommended and this was an experience I will never, ever forget. I just love the the hanging orchids in the outdoor seating area. Sunday walking market street (Rajchadamneon) is just 80 metres down the Soi.

#1 Posted: 2/11/2009 - 03:19

• Advertisement

• rsavell

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2010

The Rendezvous Guesthouse is an oasis among the many guesthouses in the walled city. We have made it our home away from home when in Asia. It is a short walk from the Tha Phae gate. It is mere meters from the wonderful Sunday Market, which spreads for blocks around the area. A short distance to each side are budget eateries, one also has a cooking school.
    The proprietors are Preecha and Juliwaan; they are kind and helpfuland in a great location. We couldwalk to the night market, the river, the Warorot Market and all the actionoutside the gate.
    While good on the budget, the rooms offer bed reading lights, cable TV,frig,fan, a/c, makeup table and en suite with hot water showers. You may padlock your room and storeluggage or valuables in a locked area off the lobby—even when you depart forother travel. Included is adelicious and satisfying breakfast. A few doors away in either direction are two laundry services, which were very affordable.
    We first stayed in 2001 and have returned many times. We will return in January and lookforward to reuniting with Preecha and Juliwaan.
    The Rendezvous is high on our list. It offers a quiet home or an international forum where you may dine or just have coffee or a beer at the sidewalk tables with other travelers.

#2 Posted: 12/4/2011 - 03:49

• cedrac

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2011
    Total reviews: 4

I Love(d) Rendez-Vous Guesthouse!
    A board says "Your home far away from home", so true!
    I had some long stays there in 2002 and 2003, with long term discounts.
    At that time the double fan room, hot shower, fridge and cable TV was charged about 200b/night, it was the absolute best value in town.
    I came back in 2005 and 2010 each time for 1-2 nights on a holiday budget, price had raised, the restaurant had opened, so it was still acceptable to my budget for the quality it offers.
    Even today, at 480b/night, I would still recommend it.
    Sadly, being around on a long term - low budget, I cannot afford it anymore.
    Still remains in my good memory.

#3 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 06:21

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Do you guys kow if they do pick-ups from the train station? Or will I not need it?

#4 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 08:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Rendezvous Guesthouse Chiang Mai ... By Katmanpu on 14 Sep 2009 0 1554 14 Sep 2009
Ginny Place Guesthouse in Chiang Mai ... By Captain_Bob on 14 Oct 2009 11 5709 16 Jan 2012