Books forum

Great book swap

• Danlo

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2010

I have again been through Thailand and a few days at Jomtien beach area, a nice beach and plenty of space & quiet enough to get into a good book, I used 3 of the bookshops I Googled & found the best by miles was Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop, I have been there before and found some gems but this time even more choise, I found they have most titles by the likes of Archer, Baldacci, Cornwall, Child, Flynn, Forsythe, Leather, LeCarre, Ryan, Smith etc, also the non fiction sections on War, True crime, Bio's, Asia History & Travel are 2nd to none even in Thailand.
    I traded in my few books I had and grabbed In at Home by Bill Bryson, it was as new at 160 baht and the great thing about this place as many used bookshop they give you 50% credit refund when you return the books, I also traded 4 of my books and received 60 baht per book which I was only offered small money in the Jomtien bookshop so a happy little/big bookshop, I even got chatting with the owner and he offered me a free coffee so a thumbs up for this place.

#1 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 09:57

• Advertisement

• FaithHC

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2011

What a neat idea. My husband and I both like to read. Will see if I can get him to try this.

#2 Posted: 16/9/2011 - 01:44

• Danlo

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2010

Just come back to Pattaya and am staying at the Canterbury Tales Cafe & Guest house, they have some ex-pats in every day for breakfast and these fellas are a wealth of knowledge re Pattaya and surrounding areas, got some great advice and money saving tips, also more books.
    Great place, google the location as is easy to find.

#3 Posted: 4/10/2011 - 11:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.