Books forum

Travelfish on kindle

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Are the travelfish guides available to download onto a kindle? It would be super fantastic if they were but I'm assuming not..? I'm probably not the first to say this but if not they really should be !

#1 Posted: 8/12/2011 - 17:34

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

No, you're not the first to suggest it! :-/

And the answer is No, they're not available. I spent a bit of time earlier this year playing with different conversion programs to convert the PDF into MOBI and PUB formats but didn't find a solution that I was happy with. (The pages that were multi-columned didn't convert well.)

What say you Somtam? I hope the recent theft of the Kindle doesn't stop progress!

#2 Posted: 8/12/2011 - 19:20

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We will be adding Kindle support in 2012. First I have to replace the Kindle that was stolen last week.

#3 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 01:33

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

This was what I suspected, are we talking early or late 2012? I guess I'll just check back when I'm in SEA.

Sorry to hear about the stolen kindle :( I know what it's like, I used to read all my books on my iPhone and I was pretty devastated when that was stolen a while back and I lost all my ebooks and pics that I (stupidly) hadn't synced

#4 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 13:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelfish guides for Kindle and other ebook readers ... By kibatonic on 31 Dec 2010 15 3509 29 Nov 2011
eReader - Kindle or Kindle Fire?! ... By MissBanana on 23 Jan 2013 9 2285 25 Jan 2013