Photo: Paper all the way.

Books forum

Travelfish on kindle

Posted by Phiddy on 8/12/2011 at 17:34

Are the travelfish guides available to download onto a kindle? It would be super fantastic if they were but I'm assuming not..? I'm probably not the first to say this but if not they really should be !

#1 Phiddy has been a member since 1/12/2011. Posts: 64

Posted by busylizzy on 8/12/2011 at 19:20

No, you're not the first to suggest it! :-/

And the answer is No, they're not available. I spent a bit of time earlier this year playing with different conversion programs to convert the PDF into MOBI and PUB formats but didn't find a solution that I was happy with. (The pages that were multi-columned didn't convert well.)

What say you Somtam? I hope the recent theft of the Kindle doesn't stop progress!

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/12/2011 at 01:33 admin

We will be adding Kindle support in 2012. First I have to replace the Kindle that was stolen last week.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Phiddy on 9/12/2011 at 13:45

This was what I suspected, are we talking early or late 2012? I guess I'll just check back when I'm in SEA.

Sorry to hear about the stolen kindle :( I know what it's like, I used to read all my books on my iPhone and I was pretty devastated when that was stolen a while back and I lost all my ebooks and pics that I (stupidly) hadn't synced

#4 Phiddy has been a member since 1/12/2011. Posts: 64

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.