Books forum

A New, Good Book on Cambodia

• MBEverett

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2012

I am a big Cambodia fan. A new book on travel in Cambodia was just released as an e-book. Title is Refractory Road in Cambodia. Some great overall observations, and pretty good treatments of things like money, survival language, and riding motorbikes. Worth a look if you are heading there.

#1 Posted: 11/11/2012 - 12:46

• Advertisement

• 3drazor

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hmm...maybe you should look at their homepage before buying the book. They suggest eating at "Smile Restaurant" in Kampong Cham. THe only restaurants i had ants in my breakfast, two days in a row (!!!). It was convienient to eat there, as it was 5 metres away from my hotel, but still...the breakfast quality sucked...and i don't want to know about the other food, if breakfast was sooo obviously infected (the ants were still crawling all over my breakfast when they brought it to me).

#2 Posted: 11/11/2012 - 13:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Looking for a good book on history of Cambodia ... By wheelse on 13 Apr 2009 19 9006 28 Jul 2011