Companions forum

21yo Aussie girl travelling alone SE Asia Nov 2010 - Feb 2011. Travel buddies?? :)

• redcordial

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2010

Hey everyone! I planned this SE Asia trip last year with my sisters, waited sooo long for them to save money and then they just decided they didn't want to come anymore. None of my friends are interested in travelling so I'm gonna go solo! I've only been around Aust and NZ (ie. I am not well travelled!) so I would love some company :)

I'm planning on travelling Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos (and maybe China as well?!) for about 3 months, but can easily alter my plans if need be! So, anyone interested?? :)

#1 Posted: 2/4/2010 - 19:52

• Advertisement

• travellite

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010

Hey I'm a 22 year old American female planning a trip for Aug-Dec 2010. I could use some company too.

My travel plans aren't set, I have somewhat of an open itinerary. I plan to start in Indonesia, and make my way up to the mainland. I should be somwhere around Laos, Cambodia, or Vietnam around November. Also thought about ending my trip in Hong Kong.

Cheers,
    Becca

#2 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 06:34

• spreekitik

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2010

Hello, if you girls decide to pass by the Philippine Islands, my friends and I will be happy to tour you around. :)

#3 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 07:35

• bellanabi

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2010
    Location Canada

hey Becca. I'm a 24 year old Canadian girl and I'm planning a similar trip, although I'm going to be starting in early September cause of work. When in August are you leaving? Are you planning to visit Thailand at all?

#4 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 13:18

• travellite

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010

hey bellanabi.

Yes I'm definitely going to Thailand! I'm still pricing my ticket, but as of now it looks like I'm leaving the states the second week in aug. The plan was to start in Bali, then make my way upwards to Malaysia, Southern Thailand, Bangkok, then the rest of Thailand and the other mainland countries. It seemed like the most plausible route.

I want to see as much as I can without rushing things. I definitely want to get a sense of the culture. I enjoy it all, trying new foods, arts and culture, a little partying, trekking, adventure activities, and laying on the beach. Also hopefully I'll have my PADI cert for scuba diving before I get there, but if not I thought about getting it along the way somewhere.

#5 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 23:04

• bellanabi

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2010
    Location Canada

hey Becca, I like your travel style! I'm thinking of doing the 'four countries' route on this site over 2 months. What do think about the route? If you're still looking for company, we could possibly meet up in Thailand in sept. If you're interested, let me know! (btw, my email is: kelly.gallagher@mail.mcgill.ca)

#6 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 16:45

• travellite

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010

Hey redcordial-

My travel plans have changed. My new travel dates are same as yours. November through Feburary. Maybe we can chat. I'd love to meet up with someone specially during the Holidays. I too want to make it up to China before the end of my trip. I know someone in Hong Kong, so I plan on ending my trip there in Feb. celebrating Chinese New Year.

#7 Posted: 8/5/2010 - 04:41

• Ashcat

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2010

Hi redcordial,
    I am 22 year old female also from Aus. I have similar plans to you, although nothing is set at the moment, I am more just considering where and all the details. I am planning to head over around the same time as you, possibly for a little less time, but I havent decided anything definite yet. Do you have any set plans, where you want to start/end etc?

#8 Posted: 19/5/2010 - 07:05

• redcordial

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2010

Hey guys, sorry I've been so slack with replying... uni and work are getting hectic!

I don't have any definite plans as yet, but I'm trying to get together a basic itinery by July so I have something solid to aim for/plan around. Right now all I know for sure is I'm free to travel from late November to mid Febuary, and I really want to see China, Vietnam and Cambodia. Not as keen for Thailand and Laos, but of course would love to see them if I have time!

I'm so annoyed that none of my friends/family are interested in travelling! Sometimes I feel like throwing it all in and just going on a tour haha!

So everyone... tell me your travel plans and thoughts!!! xxx

#9 Posted: 19/5/2010 - 11:47

• redcordial

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2010

Ashcat, my email is angelawebb88@hotmail.com if you want to chat about the trip!

#10 Posted: 19/5/2010 - 11:50

• Advertisement

• sophierose87

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2010
    Location Australia

Hi Redcordial

Im a 23yo female from Melbourne, so far I'm going to Vietnam but hoping to continue through some of Laos and Northern Thailand in January. Let me know what your plans are!

#11 Posted: 11/6/2010 - 21:55

• sophierose87

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2010
    Location Australia

PS. I've been to China twice if you have any questions, feel free to ask - the only place I've been so far, loved it so much I was tempted to go again but decided to try something a bit different.

Cheers

#12 Posted: 11/6/2010 - 21:57

• Lynn2306

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

hey everyone!
    Im Lynn 23yo/f from Vietnam. im thinking about go around vietnam from the south to the north or go to cambodia at november or febuary.. so if everyone come to vietnam or go to cambodia at the same time with me, we can go together.
    and i'm living in saigon, so if u guys come here, give me an email, i'll show u around my city , and if u need any help, feel free to ask me, i'll try my best to help u
    my email is anythinglovely@yahoo.com or u can add my facebook via this email too!
    cheers
    Lynn

#13 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 18:53

• brummie1985

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2010

Hey,

I'm heading to Bangkok on the 3rd of Sept 2010. Literally booked it about a month ago. I thought life it too damn short I have been dying to do this for years but have always found a reason to put it off. I now have the oppertunity (I would like to say I won the lottery, but haven't)and I am doing SE Asia for 4 months on my little lonesome.

I'm 24, although I am 25 when I am away, I'm pretty easy going, love sport, culture, ALL food, and a good giggle.

I'm not sure where to start but all I know is that I dont want to miss out on a single thing and I am willling to try pretty much anything.

If you fancy chatting or maybe meeting up give me a shout. My email is brummie1985@hotmail.com

Cheers guys,

whoop - excited.

Carmen x

#14 Posted: 2/7/2010 - 19:39

• KYsouth

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2010

Hey I am a 22 male from US and I will be arriving in Bangkok on Jan 7th 11'. I graduate in December and am going to backpack for a few months until medical school starts up in July. I would love to have some travel company and perhaps someone who knows some cool places to go. I spent last summer in Africa so I have a feel for what to expect, but I would like to meet up with some other solo travelers for a bit. I am pretty chill and rarely stick to any sort of schedule. Each day is an adventure when backpacking. You can email me at aswhit5@uky.edu or facebook me ... Spenser White

#15 Posted: 13/7/2010 - 05:56

• sophierose87

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2010
    Location Australia

Hi all & Spenser

I'm graduating from veterinary school at the start of December, so unfortunately I can't leave until around the 7th, and have limited time before I have to come home and get/start a job! You have any ideas as to where you want to go? I keep changing my mind - decided maybe to leave Vietnam for another time and focus on Cambodia and Thailand - might only have 4 weeks to spare.

Feel free to email or facebook me if anyone wants to chat about possibilities : sophierose.bd@gmail.com

#16 Posted: 13/7/2010 - 15:13

• kyawsoewin0-

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2010

Hello

All Visitors,

If you are going to visit to south east Asia.Do not forget to Burma ( Myanmar )next to Thailand.IF you have any questions Welcome.you can visit : http://www.ourexplorer.com/tour-guide-kyaw-win-4393.aspx .

#17 Posted: 13/7/2010 - 16:34

• sawersy

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

hey guys, Im 22 and from New Zealand. I am planning on going starting my trip in Thailand in early January and then doing Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and thing maybe singapore on way home.

My facebook name is Sam Sawers

Get in contact with me if your a up for a good time and are a friendly person. Cant wait to go travelling but just bit owrried bout doing it all alone, so am dead keen to meet up with people.

#18 Posted: 15/7/2010 - 07:25

• Ryan209

Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010

Hi all!
    I land in Bangkok November 1st and have no set plans. Would like to see some of Thailand {ko phi phi,ko pha ngan and koh samui} ,beaches look really nice down there! Would like to visit Laos,Vietnam and cambodia too, would be good to meet up with people. First time traveller! If anyone would like to get in touch my email is ryanallen77@ntlworld.com or message me on facebook
    Im 22 year old male from UK

#19 Posted: 16/7/2010 - 02:41

• rosiemuddle

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2010

Hey, I'm currently working in Thailand but my contract is up mid march and then im volunteering and stuff til the last week. I'm a 25 yo lass from England and looking to backpack from then til end may beg june, the plan at the mo is fly from bangkok to Bali travel up and through Indonesia cross to Singapore through Malaysia through the bottom of Thailand into Cambodia up through Vietnam and then back into Bangkok when I fly home around June 1st. If anyone has any similiar plans or are around at this time would be fab to meet up, also have hols in oct and xmas off.

#20 Posted: 29/7/2010 - 15:06

• viajero2011

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2010

Greetings All!

I love that so many solo travelers are coming together to enjoy experiences together. I am a 27 y/o male from Florida about to take off on my first solo trip to SE Asia starting on Sept 23 in Bangkok. I had reservations about doing a 6 week tour by myself, but I decided that I couldn't wait around for friends or family to have the time or money to travel so I had to do it on my own. So now I am exploring ways to meet with like-minded travelers to swap stories over good food and cold beer. I am a member of Couchsurfing.org which is a great site as well.

I will be starting my trip in BKK on 23 Sept. and have 6 weeks to go/do anything. I have a tentative idea of what I wanted to do (1 week in Bangkok, head to south of Thailand for a while, then onto Singapore where I have a friend, and possibly to Australia for the finale) but I am super flexible, easy-going, and really interested in meeting some great people along the way. Please email (davidburt08@gmail.com) or FB me if you are interested, have ideas/suggestions, or anything else!!! Safe travels to all!!!

David Burt

#21 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 02:14

• viajero2011

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2010

P.S. My email address is davidburt08@gmail.com not davidburto8

#22 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 02:20

• dipesh16

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hello fellow travellers,

I am 25yr old male who will be travelling from North to the South of Vietnam. The date I land will be on t he 11th February 2011 - Hanoi. I am coming alone soo surprisingly I wish to meet more backpackers along the way....

Anyone going to be around hanoi during this time? I want to work my way down to the south I fly out on the 27th feb so I have approx 2 weeks and a couple of days....

Dipesh

#23 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 22:10

• erinleeann

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2010

Hey redcordial,

I'm a 23 year old female from Canada, traveling solo through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam, the same time as you! If you get this you should e-mail me. I'm still looking for travel buddies! erindavis949@gmail.com. Hope to here from you soon :)

Cheers,
    Erin

#24 Posted: 25/10/2010 - 02:35

• carlaj

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey though id join the thread ill be in SE Asia for Nov Dec Jan then heading to Bali and Oz how are people getting on who have already left ??

Erin when do you leave ???

Facebook Carla Carrington
    Email carlajcarrington@hotmail.co.uk

#25 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 14:57

• erinleeann

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2010

Hey Carlaj,

I'm in Chiang Mai right now. Doing a jungle trek for a few days, then heading to Pakbeng, Laos on November 5. No definite plans from there. Maybe head to Vientiane? When and where are you starting your adventure???

Cheers,

Erin

#26 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 17:05

• carlaj

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

I fly into Bangkok on the 9th thinking of going out to Kanchanaburi then heading north to Chiang Mai how are you crossing into Laos not sure of that two day slow boat !!!

Have you made some buddys ??
    Where you heading for Christmas??

hope your having an awesome time

#27 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 17:12

• Ryan209

Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010

Hey travellers

I land in Bangkok on tuesday! Cant believe its actually here now!
    Anyone wanna meet for a beer or travel together let me know, ill reply as soon as i get to a computer.
    22 year old British male

Ryan

#28 Posted: 30/10/2010 - 16:53

• carlaj

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Ryan how exciting eeekkkkk I fly on the 8th be there the 9th let me know how your getting on

good luck and safe travels

Carla

#29 Posted: 30/10/2010 - 21:36

• adventurecy-
    clist

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2010

Hi All!

I’m a 22 year old male from Toronto Canada flying into Bangkok on the 4th of Nov late at night. First off it’s awesome to see everyone in similar positions in regards to solo travel. I look forward to the challenges and rewards of doing it solo but am always up for some good company! I am looking at touring Thailand, Laos and Cambodia but my itinerary is quite flexible. I have a list of places to go but I have left lots of time for “word of mouth” spots that tend to be the best in the end!

Anyways I’d love to meet up with anyone who wants to share experiences and possible recommendations if I’m heading somewhere you’ve been or vice versa! I will have a computer when I get there so feel free to drop me a line whenever! My facebook is Greg Rawson and it’s a picture of me water skiing!

Ps. The app’s for the ipod and iphone are awesome from this website!

Happy travels,

Greg

#30 Posted: 1/11/2010 - 05:35

• skadrex

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010

Hi Ryan and Carla Im Enric from Barcelona, I land on bangkok on monday, ill be there for a month with not much planned yet, I ve tried to add Carla as a friend on facebook, Ryan I don't know how can I contact u, I am pretty flexible.
    I hope hear from u two soon.

Enric

#31 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 01:51

• robinhood

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

Hey there!

I am from Dubai, 28 years, male.

I will be travelling to Thailand in Dec-Jan. Will be putting up in Khao San Raod in Bangkok from 24 - 26 Dec. Then heading to Koh Phangan from there for 7 days for the New Years Full Moon Party and then head back to Bangkok on 02 Jan for another couple of days before I head back home.

Let me know if you could fit this in your plans and I would be more than happy to buddy you through the Thai experience!

Cheers!

Robs

#32 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 02:21

• ihoopjazz

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2010

Hey all,

I am a 22 year old male from the US. I just graduated (Music Studies) and am planning on traveling for 6 weeks in SE Asia come this January/February. I am planning on going to Laos and Cambodia, and possibly other places. I would love to meet up with some other like minded travelers! I know I will meet some people along the way, but it would be nice to meet some fellow Travel Fish frequenters. Anyway, if you are going to be in Laos or Cambodia please send me a private message.

Thanks!

-Ian

#33 Posted: 5/11/2010 - 21:34

• jasss

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2010

Hey...25 yr old Canadian...in Bangkok till end of the month...Anyone else in the city...maybe meet up..let me know

#34 Posted: 13/11/2010 - 11:13

• tatanasova

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2010
    Location Macedonia

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello everyone,

I am a 25-year old female, currently living in HCMC,Vietnam. I am planning on traveling to Bali Jan 29th to Feb 5th 2011 by myself. Would anyone be there during that period? Interested in sharing a room and exploring the island together?

I would also be happy to show you around HCMC when you are here and even travel with your through Vietnam during weekends.

My e-mail address is tanja_atanasova28@yahoo.com, don't hesitate to contact me!

I am also on Phuket Dec 25th - Jan 2nd and on Koh Phangan for NYE! Hope to see you somewhere!

#35 Posted: 15/12/2010 - 22:56

• steph1982

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2010

Hi Im a 28 year female from Scotland travelling solo.

Arrive in Bangkok 18th Jan and plan to travel around thailand and possibly bali for approx 6 weeks.

anyone going to be around that time and want to meet up then just let me know

Thanks Steph

#36 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 07:32

• nazkia1

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

Hi travelers,
    I'm 20 female from Indonesia. I'll be in Phuket on feb, 14-21, travelling alone, open itinerary. Anyone want to meet up?
    Thanks Vita

#37 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 14:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
31 yr old male Aussie travelling to Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam from mid Nov 2010 to Feb 2011 ... By Newbeginnings on 25 Oct 2010 4 2329 31 Oct 2010
irish girl living in london travelling South East Asia Jan- April 2011 ... By soloirish on 26 Jul 2010 18 4868 18 Feb 2011
23 y.o. boy and girl from New Zealand travelling SE Asia from late December until mid Feb. ... By Mikosterious on 4 Nov 2010 2 1726 16 Nov 2010
Spring 2010 travel, 19 year old girl, open itinerary, 2 - 3 months ... By molybdenum on 12 Sep 2010 6 1825 26 Nov 2010
Arriving BKK 16th Feb 2010 - Travel buddies ... By shadek on 18 Dec 2009 9 2336 4 Feb 2010
Travel buddies May-mid-June 2010 - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By Jennykorea on 22 Apr 2010 7 3476 3 May 2010
24 yr old girl looking for travel buddy Dec-Feb for SE Asia Trip ... By diver515a on 18 Oct 2010 20 3846 25 Jan 2011
27/F Aussie starting travels in March. Keen to see all of SE Asia. Looking for female travel buddy. ... By lisab2012 on 22 Jan 2012 19 1642 8 Feb 2012
SEA through the Holidays. Looking for a travel mate, solo traveller for Nov. 2010 to Feb 2011 ... By travellite on 8 May 2010 35 4146 29 Oct 2010
Vietnam in June-July? 21yo F travelling solo ... By gadook on 4 Jun 2013 2 622 12 Jun 2013