Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Singapore-Malaysia-Thailand in June

Posted by eline on 12/4/2010 at 20:29

Hi everyone,

I'm a 26 years old female from the Netherlands. I'm flying to Singapore somewhere around the end of May.
From there I'm planning on travelling through Malaysia to Thailand. This will be in just a couple of weeks. Anyone heading the same direction around the same time?
Let me know!!

Eline

#1 eline has been a member since 12/4/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by idreamofdurian on 12/4/2010 at 23:45 TF writer

Hi Eline,

I'm Tanya. I'm 25, Canadian and live in Singapore. It's always interesting to meet other travelers, so I'll gladly show you around a bit while you're here. I'm also a pretty good source of information for travel in Thailand and Malaysia :)

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by eline on 13/4/2010 at 08:57

Hey Tanya,
that sounds good! Let's keep in touch!
My emailaddress is elinevdoorn@gmail.com.
I'll be arriving around the 30th of May.

#3 eline has been a member since 12/4/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by Chadee on 22/4/2010 at 18:08

helo Eline, im Haidi an a local here. would be glad if i can meet up with both u and Tanya. just wana know some travelling tips from u'all. coz it seem like i been stuck to travelling in asia...hehe

#4 Chadee has been a member since 22/4/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by eline on 4/5/2010 at 17:14

Hi Haidi,

yeah sure! Sounds good!
Send me an email to my emailaddress (see above message) and we'll be in touch!

Eline

#5 eline has been a member since 12/4/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by bananarama on 13/5/2010 at 07:39

Hi everyone:)

I am also flying into Singapore on the 30th and have plans to travel Malaysia and Thailand. I will be in Singapore for 2 days and have booked at the Inn crowd Hostel. I was going to go up through Malaysia first but have found out I can only get a 15 day visa if I travel into Thailand by land, sooo I am now going to fly to BKK and then travel through Malaysia later on my way back to Singapore.

Anyway I would love some travel tips from you too Tanya if you were keen!?

oh yeah, 29yr old female, New Zealander and will be travelling from 30 May until 9 July

Kate

#6 bananarama has been a member since 3/11/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by Chadee on 13/5/2010 at 08:12

Hi Kate, i might be in KL, Malaysia on some weekends. which date will u be der? we might be able to drive back to singapore. email me ya... congozs@yahoo.com.sg

#7 Chadee has been a member since 22/4/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/5/2010 at 11:09 TF writer

Hi Kate,

Yeah - that new Thailand visa rule is frustrating! You can also fly directly from Singapore to Krabi, Phuket, or Hat Yai.

I should be in Singapore on the 30th... you can email me at tprocyshyn at gmail dot com.

#8 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by Chadee on 13/5/2010 at 15:44

wru now tanya?

#9 Chadee has been a member since 22/4/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/5/2010 at 15:50 TF writer

Chadee - I live in Singapore. I'm in Singapore now.

#10 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by Chadee on 13/5/2010 at 16:10

ic. can i email you too, tanya?

#11 Chadee has been a member since 22/4/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/5/2010 at 16:12 TF writer

Sure.

#12 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by wanderlust2010 on 16/5/2010 at 07:28

Hi all,

I'm a 26yr old female from the US, arriving in Singapore on June 23. I'm thinking about heading straight to Ko Phagnan for the full moon party on the 26th, hanging out around those islands and also checking out Phuket and Ko Phi Phi until July 6.

I'd love to find some travel buddies to hang out with on the islands. (Esp. being a solo female, it's probably a good idea for the full moon party!) Any takers?

Cheers,
Rachel

#13 wanderlust2010 has been a member since 14/4/2010. Posts: 13

Posted by Barracuda on 4/6/2010 at 19:48

Hi all,

If any one of you will be in KL, Malaysia and wanna meet up for drink or to show around. Please give me a msg (i will be free on weekend).

I also want to get some tips from you all coz im planning to travel to Thailand in Oct alone and bit of nervous.

Cheers,

Barracuda

#14 Barracuda has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 18

Posted by idreamofdurian on 4/6/2010 at 21:00 TF writer

Barracuda -- when will you be in KL?

#15 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by Barracuda on 7/6/2010 at 19:29

Hi,

Im living in KL.

Cheers,

Barracuda

#16 Barracuda has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 18

Posted by Barracuda on 7/6/2010 at 19:36

Hi,

Tanya just want to check with u. Have you been to Koh Lipe before?
Im trying to book my accomodation there but fail coz to booking will only start from 1.8.2010.
Any other solution for that?

Cheers,

Barracuda

#17 Barracuda has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 18

Posted by idreamofdurian on 9/6/2010 at 13:25 TF writer

Hi Barracuda,

Yes, I've been to Ko Lipe. The weather there is pretty bad this time of year and many places will be closed now. A couple popular places stay open year-round like Pooh's (http://www.poohlipe.com/). It looks like you can book now on their website.

If you're going at the start of August, it's still low season and it should be easy to find a room even if you do not have a booking. Know that it's very rainy that time of year and there are big waves -- sometimes ferries are canceled.

#18 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by Barracuda on 9/6/2010 at 19:29

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the info. I think i will reschedule my plan to lipe. By the way Tanya, im living in KL. Do you have any plan to KL?
If you're coming here just let me know. May be we can go for drink or may be lunch together. Again, thanks for your info. Its realy useful.

Cheers,

Regards,

Barracuda

#19 Barracuda has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 18

Posted by idreamofdurian on 9/6/2010 at 19:38 TF writer

Barra -- Yeah, the summer months aren't a good time for the west coast Thai islands. I was in Koh Phi Phi over the weekend and it rained the whole time -- morning, afternoon, night -- didn't get to do any diving or snorkeling at all and the waves were so big that even the big ferry made me feel seasick :(

I guess you've been to the Malaysian islands, right? The Perhentians (near Kota Bahru) are stunning! The water is so, so clear... Pulau Tioman is nice too, but there are usually too many Singaporeans there ;)

I actually might be in KL in a couple weeks... check above in this topic for my email address.

#20 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by Barracuda on 9/6/2010 at 19:56

Hi Tanya,

I guess i will wait for the best time before make my plan. Oh yeah i've been to Perhentian and Tioman before. Its nice but now its off seasons.
Both Island i think will only start to operate around april i guess. I am actually planning to go to Perhentian again may next Year. I have a friend who run a guest house in Kota Bharu. Yeah you're right too many Singaporeans.

But im also wanted to travel to Thailand if posssible before end of this year. I think i will play by year. Ok i will keep in touch by email. By the way mine is ThajudeenMohdYusof@gmail.com

Cheers,

Barracuda

#21 Barracuda has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.