Companions forum

I want a travel partner for Cambodia (May - June, 2010)

• sunwreck

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2010
    Location Earth

This year will be my first time back to Southeast Asia since 2006. Not only that but Cambodia is the only country in this region I haven't traveled to. Everywhere else.. Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Malaysia, etc. I've traveled to multiple times. It's because I used to live in Thailand and travel and do visa runs but for some reason never took the opportunity to visit Cambodia.

I'd like to make up for lost time by spending 2 - 3 weeks traveling in Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat, the coastal area in southern Cambodia, and perhaps a small town if there is a CSer there.

What interests me most while traveling is the locale. I try to generally live like a local although it's tough sometimes and like everyone I've got my creature comforts. But I thought it would be cool to travel for all or some of this time with someone. Is anyone planning to be in Cambodia this summer?

I'm flexible about my entire trip to Asia. I've debated going in May or August or somewhere in between. This is a vague range I admit but if you're reading this and looking for a travel partner in Cambodia this summer then send me your dates and lets see if we can mesh our plans. I know it would be fun to spend part of the time at Angkor Wat exploring it with someone and someone to chill with on the beaches.. maybe rent a motorcycle or take the boat in between Phenom Penh and Siem Reap. I'm also open to sharing a guesthouse room if you're aiming to keep a fairly tight budget. :)

#1 Posted: 8/5/2010 - 07:52

• Advertisement

• oceana

Joined Travelfish
    17th May, 2010

Hey I am also interested in travelling to Cambodia this summer. I have never travel outside the Unites States, I became interested because one of my friends is travelling to Cambodia this summer with her boyfriend and invited me, however I don't know if I trust them as travel companionship they have a quite reckless life style and I am still thinking about it. I was checking out this website and your message came out of nowhere, maybe this is what I need. Tell me a little about yourself.

#2 Posted: 17/5/2010 - 08:27

• Syl6108

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2010

Hi Sunwreck and Oceana,

I am also interested in going to Cambodia either in June or Sep. So wanna to know if any chance to travel together?

Best,
    Syl

#3 Posted: 18/5/2010 - 22:03

• oceana

Joined Travelfish
    17th May, 2010

that what im looking for. where r u from?

#4 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 06:09

• sunwreck

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2010
    Location Earth

I'll be in Cambodia for a month from late May or early June. I'm taking the bus over from Ho Chi Minh City. I think it would be fun to have someone to share the days at Angkor Wat and other parts of Cambodia with. Feel free to register and send me a private message on here.

Cheers!

#5 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 23:37

• Lizz66

Joined Travelfish
    12th April, 2010

Hi I just arrived in battambang cambodia today. Will be making my way to siem reap in 2 days? From there planning on doing phnom penh and a week around the beaches. If anyone will be there around this time, please drop me an email at lizz66@aol.com

#6 Posted: 15/6/2010 - 13:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel buddies May-mid-June 2010 - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By Jennykorea on 22 Apr 2010 7 3519 3 May 2010
Cycling partner for supported bike tour in Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia: June/July 2014 ... By hmrolstomt on 23 May 2014 8 938 28 May 2014
Travel plans April - June 2010 ... By amylou on 3 Dec 2009 12 3097 10 Feb 2010
Traveling Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and more JUne-Aug 2010 ... By Stew on 15 Jun 2010 1 2588 5 Jul 2010
Travel companion December 2010 Cambodia and Vietnam ... By sophina10 on 21 May 2010 1 2824 18 Aug 2010