Companions forum

Bangkok travels to Chiang Mai (Thailand)-May 22/23-30?

• JuliaGulia

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Greetings!

Short notice, but I thought I'd try. I'm a pretty inexperienced traveler who doesn't feel like wingin' Bangkok to Northern Thailand alone.

I'll be flying into Bangkok May 22/23, and I'd like someone to travel with to:

-Kanchanaburi
    -Ayuthaya (maybe)
    -Sukhothai

I hope to land in Chiang Mai on May 30th where I'll be meeting a friend.

I'm a 29-year-old Vietnamese American. Any questions, feel free to hit me up ASAP!

Julia

#1 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 23:31

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

hi Julia,
    I hope you made it to Kanachanburi (I replied to a post of yours).

I'm on my way to Vietnam in the next couple of months and would really like to talk to someone who has been there, as this will be my first trip.

I've also been to Sukothai and we could exchange a few ideas.

I'm staying at Jolly Frog not sure if that's near you.
    I've enable private messages so you can reply here or sent an email to me.
    Cheers,
    Mike

#2 Posted: 24/5/2010 - 20:05

• torres123

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2010

Hello Julia, I'm a 22 yr old irish man, there is a group of 4 of us flying into bangcock on the 31st may. We were planning on heading up to chang mai as soon as we arrive but are unsure due to the unrest. we will probably head to the islands then for a while. If you are looking to tag along drop me a line

#3 Posted: 26/5/2010 - 20:11

• JuliaGulia

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2010

Hello, torres123!

I arrive in Chiang Mai today without any hitches. As far as I know, Bangkok and CM are pretty peaceful as of 23rd (when the protests ended.) I'm staying for two days only, so I will barely miss you! Enjoy and thanks for making contact!

Julia

#4 Posted: 29/5/2010 - 21:37

• steamrobs

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012

When you think of some of your family leisure foreign Chiang Mai place, then is an ideal place. In the beginning of your plan, the first thing to remember is the best means to go there.

#5 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 17:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.