Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Bangkok travels to Chiang Mai (Thailand)-May 22/23-30?

Posted by JuliaGulia on 20/5/2010 at 23:31

Posted from within Vietnam.

Greetings!

Short notice, but I thought I'd try. I'm a pretty inexperienced traveler who doesn't feel like wingin' Bangkok to Northern Thailand alone.

I'll be flying into Bangkok May 22/23, and I'd like someone to travel with to:

-Kanchanaburi
-Ayuthaya (maybe)
-Sukhothai

I hope to land in Chiang Mai on May 30th where I'll be meeting a friend.

I'm a 29-year-old Vietnamese American. Any questions, feel free to hit me up ASAP!

Julia

#1 JuliaGulia has been a member since 20/5/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by mikethediver on 24/5/2010 at 20:05

hi Julia,
I hope you made it to Kanachanburi (I replied to a post of yours).

I'm on my way to Vietnam in the next couple of months and would really like to talk to someone who has been there, as this will be my first trip.

I've also been to Sukothai and we could exchange a few ideas.

I'm staying at Jolly Frog not sure if that's near you.
I've enable private messages so you can reply here or sent an email to me.
Cheers,
Mike

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by torres123 on 26/5/2010 at 20:11

Hello Julia, I'm a 22 yr old irish man, there is a group of 4 of us flying into bangcock on the 31st may. We were planning on heading up to chang mai as soon as we arrive but are unsure due to the unrest. we will probably head to the islands then for a while. If you are looking to tag along drop me a line

#3 torres123 has been a member since 26/1/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by JuliaGulia on 29/5/2010 at 21:37

Hello, torres123!

I arrive in Chiang Mai today without any hitches. As far as I know, Bangkok and CM are pretty peaceful as of 23rd (when the protests ended.) I'm staying for two days only, so I will barely miss you! Enjoy and thanks for making contact!

Julia

#4 JuliaGulia has been a member since 20/5/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by steamrobs on 27/1/2012 at 17:37

When you think of some of your family leisure foreign Chiang Mai place, then is an ideal place. In the beginning of your plan, the first thing to remember is the best means to go there.

#5 steamrobs has been a member since 27/1/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.