Companions forum

Bangkok to Siem Reap June 2010

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

Hey guys, I hope everyone is great. I just arrived in Bangkok and I'm glad I came. I am living at Khao San Road and it is insanely surreal haha. It's like a bohemian backpacker madness (in a good way lol)

Anyways, I am making the journey to Siem Reap from Bangkok by land towards the end of the next week. If anyone is going that direction, please let me know. I would love to have some travel companions. I can definitely adjust my plans to fit your schedule so let me know. My e-mail address is nwelang @ hotmail.com Feel free to shoot me an e-mail and we'll talk.

Best regards,
    bakpakk

#1 Posted: 25/5/2010 - 05:12

• Advertisement

• callum

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2010

Well I'm staying just off the khao san rd and yes it is pretty mad. But anyway, I'm heading to Cambodia tomorrow morning very early leaving 4-5 am. I wont be able to go with but when i get to siem reap i will be happy to tell you the stories and offer advice. We may be able to met up in Cambodia for drink and tell tales to the epic crossing aswell so I will stay in touch.

Also i think you must have heard this, but visit the tales of asia sight for some quality info on the crossing.

#2 Posted: 26/5/2010 - 21:26

• callum

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2010

just to update, i managed it with quite a bit of ease.

Woke up at 4.30 to get the 5.45 bus from mo chit bus station. The taxi there was about 130B on the meter. As soon as i got inside i walked to the opposite wall and went to window 21 (i think). Bus ticket cost me 200B and i was on my way.

Joined up with a french women and her young child and we got a tuktuk, 80B, to the boarder and the driver did the scam where he took us the the 'Cambodian consulate'. I said that we want to go to the boarder not here so we moved on. At the boarder on the Thai side there is a large tall bank where i changed some money into dollars at a decent rate. Then it was just a matter of going where ever people told me to go and saying no if someone tried to scam me.

We then met with dutch and german couple and took the free bus to the transport station. This place is in the middle of nowhere but is a new building with food and drinks and a nice seating area. After waiting 30mins for a minibus we decided to get a taxi instead costing us $9 each. the journey was easy and the roads smooth so i had a little snooze.

We where dropped just outside the main area of siem reap to be put on tuktuks for free. The trick is they are selling themselves for trips around ankor. It was free and i waved the tuktuk off much to his disappointment.

There you go my, rather poorly put, story.

#3 Posted: 29/5/2010 - 20:58

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

Thank you very much Callum. I really appreciate it. I am leaving tomorrow so I'm grateful for the help. Thanks again.

#4 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 09:59

• Lizz66

Joined Travelfish
    12th April, 2010

Hi I just arrived in battambang cambodia today. Will be making my way to siem reap in 2 days? From there planning on doing phnom penh and a week around the beaches. If anyone will be there around this time, please drop me an email at lizz66@aol.com

#5 Posted: 15/6/2010 - 13:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bangkok - Siem Reap journey by land ( June 2010) ... By bakpakk on 5 Apr 2010 2 1586 9 Apr 2010
Bangkok June 2010 ... By mmaleki on 13 May 2010 3 1768 14 May 2010
September 2010 HCM -> Siem Reap ... By kimberleyr17 on 1 Jun 2010 4 2175 19 Jul 2010
Taxi Share from Poipet to Siem Reap 19 Jan 2010 ... By fooj on 18 Jan 2010 0 3428 18 Jan 2010
Hanoi - Siem Reap (Vice versa) / Mid June 2 weeks ... By koleon on 17 May 2012 1 789 3 Jun 2012
Trip advice - Bangkok - Siem Reap - Ko Mak - Bangkok ... By JessandScott on 13 Jan 2009 13 5211 28 Jun 2010
Battambang to Bangkok or Siem Reap to Bangkok ... By tinoh on 19 Feb 2010 4 7409 17 Sep 2010