Companions forum

OCT-DEC 2010 China, Japan and SE Asia

• irish_paul

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2010

Hi All,

I’m a 26 year old Irish lad from Dublin. I’m looking for a travel buddy for all / parts of a 3 month Asia trip, from October-December 2010.

Itinerary will be something like this:

Hong Kong (end September)
    China (first 3 weeks October)
    Japan (last 10 days October)
    Vietnam (first 2 weeks November)
    Cambodia (last 2 weeks November)
    Laos (last 2 weeks November)
    Thailand (first 3 weeks December)

I’ve put China/Japan first, in October, before the weather there begins to get cold. November/December will see the monsoon season ending in Southeast Asia, making for great traveling and beach weather (dry but not too hot or humid). Indonesia and Malaysia could be included to the itinerary also.

I’ve always prepared an organized itinerary in advance of any trips I’ve done before (e.g. interrailing in Europe; backpacking in Morocco; trip of Jordan, Syria and Lebanon; driving in Oman) and I plan to do the same for this Asia trip, with a healthy mix of ‘sightseeing’ and partying/chilling out.

From my side, I’m 26 and from Dublin, Ireland. I studied Commerce and Italian in University College Dublin and then worked in business in Italy for 2 years and then in Bahrain (in the Arabian Gulf) for almost 2 years now. I’ll be finishing my job in late September 2010 and will then travel in Asia for 3 months, probably with a view to return home to Ireland for Christmas.

I’d love to hear from anyone who also wants to do a 3-month trip like this in Asia but would prefer not to do it alone! Also, if you’re just interested in China or just Japan or just the Southeast Asia parts, no problem; if our dates for those places are similar then that could work too.

Sure send me an email at hanlonpaul@hotmail.com and we can see if we have similar travel plans for Asia from October-December 2010!

Paul

#1 Posted: 7/6/2010 - 18:30

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Traveling Solo in SE Asia, Northern China, Korea and Japan ... By JunglistSolja on 4 Oct 2009 0 2908 4 Oct 2009
Cell phone during 4.5 month trip through SE Asia, East China, Japan ... By Lamar on 23 Dec 2007 2 3167 27 Dec 2007
Hanoi to Japan (via China?) ... By gusthegiant on 30 Oct 2009 0 1190 30 Oct 2009
Flights from Japan to SE Asia ... By yukata on 5 Jul 2010 1 2933 5 Jul 2010