Companions forum

26yo f vietnam,laos,cambodia, malaysia, singapore July-August

• mecarpenter-

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2010

Hi there,

My name is Megan and I am an artist/teacher who is going to be traveling Southeast Asia from July 9th-August 12th.

I already have an itinerary that I am in love with but I am pretty laid back so it might end up changing which is cool with me.

This trip I would really like to venture off the "beaten track" but am hesitant to do it alone and would love friends to experience thing with!

I am outgoing can be outdoorsy but also like the finer things in life. Haha ; ) On this trip I want to go on hikes, bike rides, kayak and see animals too. I am a photographer as well so I am always in search of the best vistas I can find. I would like to take in some cultural sights like temples, traditional puppet theater, silk dying classes etc.

Love to sample the different regional massages as well! haha Hit me up if you're interested in meeting up!

Megan

#1 Posted: 14/6/2010 - 00:50

• Advertisement

• elle_jay

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2010

Hi Megan

I'm Laura. I'm a 32 and also a teacher. I'm taking advantage of our wonderful long holidays to travel to Asia too. I am also an artist, a musician and interested in Photography and Architecture.

I am spending 4.5 weeks In SE Asia altogether. I am flying to Vientiane on the 31st of July and will be in Laos until the 14th of August, when I depart to meet my boyfriend in Malaysia for 2 weeks.

What is the itinerary you have found? I have done quite a bit of SE Asia before, so can give advise on some places in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, if you need any. I wondered if you would be in Laos at the same time as me, as it would be nice to travel around with someone else (its cheaper accommodation wise too).

I love travelling, and have been to over 35 different countries, I just cant get enough. I am up for hiking and 'outdoorsy' stuff too, and cultural experiences, such as home-stays, cooking sessions, and without a doubt plenty of massages.

Let me know what your plans are, because it would be nice to meet up even if its just for the day somewhere in the back of beyond.

Laura

#2 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 02:06

• mecarpenter-

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2010

Hi Laura! Where ya from? This is my proposed itinerary: Tell me know what you think!

Day 0 (7/9) FLY from LA to Taipei to HK

Day 1 (7/10) Arrive in Hong Kong. Party my ass off in Lan Kai Fong

Day 2 (7/11) buy a camera explore Victoria Peak and the city.

Day 3 (7/12) explore city. FLY to Hanoi ,Vietnam

Day 4 (7/13) 8 am got o Halong Bay go kayaking etc.

Day 5 (7/14) Halong Bay and surrounding islands

Day 6 (7/15) Halong Bay to Hanoi then fly to Luang Prabang , Laos

Day 7 (7/16) Luang Prabang

Day 8 (7/17) Luang Prabang trek to Kruang si waterfall

Day 9 (7/18) Luang Prabang silk dying/weaving workshop

Day 10 (7/19) Luang Prabang and surrounding villages

Day 11 (7/20) Luang Prabang and surrounding villages

Day 12 (7/21) Luang Prabang and surrounding villages

Day 13 (7/22) Luang Prabang and surrounding villages FLY to Pakse

Day 14 (7/23) Pakse *

Day 15 (7/24) Rive cruise on the Mekong to Champasak explore Vat Phou Ruins *

Day 16 (7/25) Explore Oum Muang Ruins. Stay at Luang Say Lodge on the Mekong *

Day 17 (7/26) Boat cruise to Khong and 4,000 islands. Trekking and waterfall hunting. *

Day 18 (7/27) Khone to Pha Pheng waterfalls *

Day 19 (7/28) Don Dhet to Strung Treng, Cambodia Border crossing

Day 20 (7/29) Bus it to Kratie see the Irrawaddy dolphins. (Famous pink dolphins). *

Day 21 (7/30) Bus it to Kampong Thom *

Day 22 (7/31) Get a guide to drive to Preah Vinear Kohker (Famous beautiful temple on the border of Cambodia and Thailand.) Sleep in small village somewhere. *

Day 23 (8/1) Anlong Veng to Siem Reap get massage watch the traditional marriage ceremony etc. *

Day 24 (8/2) Siem Reap- Explore Angkor Wat Temple complex

Day 25 (8/3) Bus/boat to Battambang *

Day 26 (8/4) Battambang *

Day 27 (8/5) Battambang to Phnom Penh

Day 28 (8/6) Phnom Penh

Day 29 (8/7) Phnom Penh *

Day 30 (8/8) Phnom Penh FLY to Kuala Lumpur

Day 31 (8/9) K.L. shopping/exploring

Day 32 (8/10) K.L.

Day 33 (8/11) KL FLY to Singapore go shopping at Topshop and eat indian foooood!

Day 34 (8/12) Singapore to LAX

* there is some flexibility in I am not completely set on everything

#3 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 13:08

• elle_jay

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2010

Hi again
    You trip sounds amazing!
    Unfortunately, you're planning to go to Laos earlier than me though. I have booked my flights already to Vientiane on 31/07 and out to Malaysia on 15/07. Which is when you're planning to be in Cambodia. I was planning on doing something like:

Vientiane (+ Buddha park)
    Vang Vieng (tubing on the nam song)
    Luang Prabang (+ surrounding villages + looked at the silk dying workshop as well)
    Tat Kuang Si falls
    Pak Ou Caves
    Phonsavan (plain of jars)
    Vientiane

But I haven't booked anything yet other than my flight.
    I will probably just book my first night accommodation and play it all by ear, although I have an idea where I want to go.

I'd love to do the south as well, but I want to have time to see it, and not spend the whole 2 weeks looking out of a bus window if you know what I mean.

Have you booked your international flights yet?

L

#4 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 16:51

• tglee0901

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2010

I got this site through a web search with the intention of getting some information on visiting places like Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. For those who are visiting Malaysia, other than Kuala Lumpur, Penang could be is a nice place to visit for two to three nights, and probably better place than the busy Kuala Lumpur. Penang in Facebook has more information about Penang, which is only 50 minute by budget airline from Kuala Lumpur.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Town-Penang/35880687452?v=info#!/pages/George-Town-Penang/35880687452?v=wall

If anyone is interested to come to Penang, I may take you around to some tourist attractions and eating places, if I am free, and if you have a firm travel itinerary.

Lee

#5 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 18:43

• Lynn2306

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

hey guy, Im lynn, from vietnam.
    if u come to vietnam, there's some place u should go
    Ha Noi, Ho chi Minh( i think it's the same, big and moden city)
    Ha Long bay- u should take a 1 or 2 day boat tour there.. it's awesome
    Sapa . i think u know about sapa, a small, beautiful city in the mountain
    Hoi An
    Nha Trang. i highly recomment u should go to nha trang, The beach is so beautiful there.
    and the last place is mekong delta ..
    hope u have a wonderful trip!
    Lynn

#6 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 19:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SE Asia June 25 thru July, departing August 3/4. Hong Kong/Malaysia/Singapore Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos ... By starlitdazzle on 26 May 2009 1 3466 5 Jul 2010
Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Laos in a month ... By blackskin on 26 Aug 2008 2 6560 2 Sep 2008
27 y/o female heading to Thailand,Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam, mid july-late August ... By izilove on 12 May 2011 8 3435 27 Jul 2011
Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia July-September ... By imade18 on 25 May 2011 5 3176 13 Aug 2011
Itinerary Advice - Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By jella82 on 3 Jul 2007 3 9671 10 Mar 2011
32 yo m from singapore travelling China-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Myanmar-Thailand-Malaysia ... By charltonsz on 26 Dec 2010 3 2419 26 Dec 2010
Looking for bikers July-August Thailand-Laos-Cambodia ... By AnaU on 22 May 2013 1 719 15 Jul 2013
Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam in July and August ... By truesd10 on 7 May 2009 5 7356 12 May 2009
April 28-May 13 Traveling to thailand, CAmbodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore - 27m from Canada ... By abet_rocks on 4 Apr 2012 10 1461 28 Feb 2013
27F Traveling Thailand. Malaysia to Singapore 30 August ... By Tracie3000 on 22 Mar 2014 1 771 1 Sep 2014