Companions forum

25.F. SE Asia (Aug-Oct) Starting in Bangkok

• arkrose

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2010

Hey everyone,

I'm heading on my first solo trip to SE Asia. Yeah! I'll be starting in Bangkok on August 17th and will have to eventually make my way back to Bangkok on October 14th. I plan to travel throughout Thailand and also to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

I really have no itinerary, I am planning to do what seems good at the time. So, I don't know when I'll be where. One thing that I might actually plan is to go to the Full Moon Party on August 25th.

Well, I guess I am just looking to meet some adventurous, genuine people and have a rad time. So... if you're awesome, and you're gonna be around, let's talk and work something out.

Happy and safe travels everyone!

#1 Posted: 29/6/2010 - 14:19

• Advertisement

• bellanabi

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2010
    Location Canada

hey arkrose,
    I'm going to be starting my first solo trip soon too! I'm flying into Bangkok on August 30th, and from there I want to travel to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos. I have a bit more time to travel than you, but maybe we could meet up for part of it? Btw, I'm a 24 year old Canadian girl and I'm definitely looking for some adventure too.

happy travels,
    Kelly

#2 Posted: 29/6/2010 - 17:10

• arkrose

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2010

Hey Kelly,

Cool. Sounds like we have similar ideas! My email is amanda.kort@gmail.com. Let's keep in touch and try to work something out.

Hope to hear from you soon!

#3 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 11:01

• ishtravels

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2010

Hey there!

I will also be starting my solo travel adventure soon,starting in Bangkok on Aug 24. Hoping to do Laos,Cambodia and Vietnam but I'm quite pressed for time with my 5 weeks so I'm flexible with my itinerary and will go with the flow as long as it involves some good adventure and real people :)
    Arkrose: I would love to hit up the Full Moon party on the 25th and I'm trying to figure out if I can make it there on time.
    Kelly: I've been living in Toronto for the past five years,not sure whether you may be anywhere near me.

My email is ishrat_y@hotmail.com Would love to discuss travel plans,Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
    Ishrat

#4 Posted: 11/8/2010 - 04:35

• wilson_cana-
    da

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Hi, I sent you all an email. I plan to travel through SE Asia from Aug-Dec.

-Wilson

#5 Posted: 11/8/2010 - 11:48

• Cabawe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Hi

I'm also going solo and arrive on the 1st of October 2010, I'm free to go where ever you guys want to go, my only plan was buying my air ticket, the rest I left to destiny, I have not even set myself an itinerary, the only hold back is have to be back at work on the 1st of November, I have 31 days and I don’t want to waste a minute of it.

Taz

#6 Posted: 12/8/2010 - 00:44

• bellanabi

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2010
    Location Canada

Hi Ishrat,
    I'm actually living in South Korea now, so no, not anywhere near T.O. right now. I'm going to spend a few days in Bangkok, then head north to Ayutthaya, Sukhothai and Chiang Mai. Do you have any plans for after the full moon party?

#7 Posted: 12/8/2010 - 18:42

• viajero2011

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2010

Hello all -

There are alot of first-time, solo travelers on this thread. I am also venturing out on my first solo trip and my first time to Asia in general. I'm a 27 y/o male, easy-going and gets along with everyone. I arrive in BKK on Sept 23 and have 6 weeks to go/do whatever. I have a general itinerary in mind but I'm super-flexible and easy going so it can change in a instant. The most important thing I think will be meeting great people along the way to share good stories and cold beer with. Anyone who may be around Bangkok the last week of Sept or the South of Thailand for the first week or so of Oct. hit me up! After that, I was thinking of going to Singapore and then maybe Australia, but like I said, It's all up in the air!!!

Arkrose and Ishrat: I was wanting to do a full moon party too but I realized that it's the day that I arrive in BKK. I may shoot for the black moon party on Oct. 8th if anybody is still around then.

Cheers,
    David

#8 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 01:55

• Cabawe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Hi All

David, I arrive on the 1st of October (bangkok)and am looking for someone to hit the road with, I’m also supper flexible, due to not having an inkling of a idea of where I’m going or what I’m doing.

I’m really easy going and my plans could change (not much too change as of yet) to include Cambodia, Vietnam maybe even Singapore, all I know is I have 30 days off to do whatever before I head back to the oil fields here in North Africa.

If you need a travel companion (heterosexual, male, 35, young at heart) to join you on your journey you can reach me on Facebook on the following email :- tcabawe at matiatours dot com

Take care

#9 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 03:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
40 days in S.E Asia from July 14, starting in Bangkok. Suggested itineraries please ... By turab on 10 Jul 2008 0 2661 10 Jul 2008
Starting my 12 week SE Asia trip in Bangkok - few days there, where best to stay? ... By AndyPandy on 26 Aug 2012 5 2219 12 May 2014