Companions forum

27 yo female, 1 mo, starting Aug. 31st

• jumich

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2010
    Location United States

I am a 27 year old female from the US traveling alone for 1 month. This will be my first time to SE Asia and even though I have read mostly positive things about traveling alone in this region, I have my general concerns (I had a friend who was supposed to go with me who recently backed out).
    I am planning to do Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam (in that order, approximately one week in each country). I have a rough itinerary (modified from the 4 country itinerary found on this website) but am open to changes based on suggestions/meeting people to travel with (which I am really hoping will happen).

I welcome any advice about being a single female traveling alone and would love to hear from anyone who is going to be in the same places at the same time and might want to meet up.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

#1 Posted: 24/7/2010 - 10:11

• Advertisement

• brr1980

Joined Travelfish
    15th July, 2010
    Total reviews: 2

Hey -

I'm going to be in Laos traveling on my own from Sept. 9 until around the beginning of October. Planning on staying in Northern Laos, starting in Vientiane and then making my way towards Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang, Luang Namtha and maybe the far north off the beaten path.

I'm 30, male, also from US (New York). I've been to SE Asia before, traveled through Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam a couple of years ago. Would be happy to waste some time chatting about travel ideas if you're looking for any tips. Feel free to send me a private message on here, would rather not post all my info on the forum for the spambots.

-Ben

#2 Posted: 12/8/2010 - 21:34

• viajero2011

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2010

Hello all -

I will also be in SE Asia starting around 23 Sept thru 1 Nov. 2010. I am flying solo and don't have any set plans yet, although I have a general idea of where I want to go and what I want to do. I'm a easy-going, get-along-with-everyone, 27 y/o male from Florida just looking for like-minded travelers to share a beer and stories with. If anyone would like to try and meet up, please let me know!!

Cheers,
    David

#3 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 01:45

• avn128

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2010

Hi,

My friend and I are traveling to SEA in the beginning of October for about 4 weeks. We both have not really decided on concrete things to do yet except that we are definitely going to the Full Moon Party at the end of october. We are both male 24 y/o males. We do not really have a set time of when to leave, only a minimum time. I will be coming from florida and he will be meeting me from texas at a still undecided city. Would be great if we could meet up at one point.

#4 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 23:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Solo female looking to meet people in Thailand starting Bangkok 1st Nov ... By crazyblondechick on 24 Jul 2011 8 4080 10 Oct 2011
27/F Aussie starting travels in March. Keen to see all of SE Asia. Looking for female travel buddy. ... By lisab2012 on 22 Jan 2012 19 1678 8 Feb 2012