Companions forum

someone want to explore nth loas in late nov?

• thenessness

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2010

Hey fellow travelers, Aussie girl heading off on adventure again! Fly into KL on nov 16 then will spend the next few weeks catching trains up thru thailand and looking to cross over the boarder into the far nth of Laos. Im looking for someone(s) to go on adventures with in Laos, take photos, eat, trek, read books and enjoy life 'on the road'. Im not a partier these days but dont mind if you do, as long as you dont throw up on my bed..... Id really like to sail down the Mekong, but cant sail. (Keen to hear from fellowship-you know who you are)
    V x

#1 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 19:41

• Advertisement

• samsie23

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

If you want to see the Mekong River you should take the slow boat from Nong Khai to Loaung Prabang. Great Scenery and a good way to meet people!.

Have fun

Peter

#2 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 02:05

• jonello

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi the nessness, i 'm heading to cambodia in a few days,(in vietnam now) then Lao after, doing much the same thing with my time ,if our paths are near, we could exchange books,etc, male from uk, have a good trip north, john

#3 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 10:06

• thenessness

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2010

Hi John,
    Im really excited about this trip! Im leaving melbourne in 2 weeks and cant sleep! Looking forward to Vietnam. What has been your most exciting adventure there so far? Have you enjoyed the food? Meet any other interesting people on the road? And finally and most importantly, what books have you been reading!
    Iv just got a new camera and am very excited to be travelling with it. Lots of early starts to catch the magnificant early morning light.
    Stay in touch and maybe we will bump into each other. enjoy the road and all it has to offer. Take care, Ness

#4 Posted: 2/11/2010 - 13:19

• jonello

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Ness , good to hear from you.I bought a motorbike in hanoi and travelled to Saigon,stopping at the sites to see along the way.Did bump into the same folk afew times, young guys from UK and many Dutch, who speak better grammer than me.It's been a interesting trip,and different from seeing it through a bus window.Found mostly noodle soup on offer, at stops and friendly faces, also varied fruit to try.Do you like durian or bon bons!I read mostly factual books, finished Bronson, and open to any advice.Sleep well and dream deeply, you'll find good use of your new toy ,on the move. Safe travel, all will be well,see you in Lao all being well, cheerio john

#5 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 00:48

• kennyfinest

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2010
    Location Global Village

hey ness,
    Im flying into bangkok on the 10th november and looking at spending prob 4 weeks in laos before heading back down through thailand to singapore. I am pretty much done with all the partying myself and would rather make the most of my traveling this time. Trekking is something i am def keen to do, also really want to try and find some good rock climbing in laos. There is a bit more about me on my profile on here so check it out and mail or message me.
    len

#6 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 08:23

• vicky29

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2010

Hi ness.
    dont know if you will still get this or how u r doing on your trip so far. i am in cIhiang mai at the moment and my plan is to go to Laos and then Vietnam. travelling solo but havnt been alone so far, just at the moment no one has the sameplan as i do..
    so if youre still in the area let me know and maybe we can meet for a beer
    cheers Vicky

#7 Posted: 8/12/2010 - 12:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.