Companions forum

London to Bangkok 26th Sept

• sammymac69

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2010

Hey people,

Im 28yrs old unbelievably easy-going lad from Scotland looking for a travel buddy (male or female) to travel around S/East Asia (Thailand 1 month, Laos and possibly Vietnam depending on time) - before going down to Singapore to do Australia.

Don't have any particular plans other than to just "wing" it when i get there.

Anyone else going the same time that is as nervous about travelling solo also?

#1 Posted: 9/9/2010 - 20:30

• Advertisement

• Cabawe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Dude, I'm heading down there on the 1st of October for 4-5 weeks, traveling solo, I'm 35 male from South of England working in North Africa.

I have nothing planed as of yet other than I'm going. You can contact me via tcabawe at matiatours dot com or via facebook

Taz

#2 Posted: 11/9/2010 - 08:15

• Joss369

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2010

Hey there you 2. I fly out and to bangkok on the 30th September and will be spending 5 weeks over there, I have to be in Koh Tao to Scuba dive on the 4th, after that I am free to travel around, I'm nudging 40, but you wouldn't belive it, still a teenager and free spirited, full of adventure, lets hope this trip is as memorable as the last one 5 years ago.

Mail me. Joss369@yahoo.com, Facebook, Jason Roach. I have a K-Swiss t-shirt on.

#3 Posted: 13/9/2010 - 18:53

• Cabawe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

You said "diving" tell me some more I may even join you for that.

#4 Posted: 13/9/2010 - 20:51

• tangledjung-
    le

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2010
    Location Ireland

Hi all,

I'm a 27 yo Irish lad, arriving in Bangkok on the 27th of September.

I have around 4 months to travel around SE Asia before heading for NZ for a month.
    I've a very loose route at the moment which I'm expecting will go out the window pretty quickly :)

Very interested in doing a PADI course also, but may leave that until later in the year.
    Joss, are you doing a course while in Koh Tao?

Sammy, I was very very nervous about the whole thing up until last week. The excitement has finally taken over. If you fancy meeting for a pint in BKK, just drop me a message.

Barry.

#5 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 03:22

• Joss369

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2010

Barry. Yes I am doing the padi diving course on Koh Tao, while looking around at all the different countries in the east, I found that this island is among the cheepest in the world, not to mention a great dive site, it is costing about £190 for the 3 and 1/2 day course, which enables you to dive up to 15 metre's.

#6 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 19:06

• shutterbug

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2010

Hi all..
    me going to thailand for a week in Oct..but keen on Full moon party !!
    anyone going that way?
    Cheers !

#7 Posted: 18/9/2010 - 14:02

• sammymac69

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2010

Barry, sounds good mate. The excitement is taking over me now as well. Can't wait!!

I've literally just booked everything last minute, and i leave Heathrow at 10pm on Sunday and arrive in Bangkok 3pm on 27th.

Whats your email add?? or facebook??

You can add Sam McCallum on Facebook (Im the one looking miserable at T in park music festival and surrounded my tents wearing a red jacket)

Im in S.E Asia for 3months, want to do diving at some point, and then im over to Sydney for New Year.

#8 Posted: 22/9/2010 - 23:37

• tangledjung-
    le

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2010
    Location Ireland

Hey Sammy,

I couldn't find your pic on facebook.

You can get me by searching bdevenney (at) gmail.com or just fire me an email.

I'm the one riding an inflatable bull . . . :)

Safe flight!

#9 Posted: 27/9/2010 - 03:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.