Companions forum

Spring 2010 travel, 19 year old girl, open itinerary, 2 - 3 months

• molybdenum

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2010

Hey everyone!,

I'm a college sophomore taking a gap year off to travel and gain a bit of life experience. I'm pretty laid back about my plans, but I know I want to get out of the US in the spring for a couple of months. I'm looking to go backpacking across either Europe or SE Asia, but my parents are wary about letting me travel alone, and all of my friends are currently in college and can't take time off, so! Here I am. :)
    I'm working to save up money this semester, but it looks like I might only have a *max* of $3-4000 for traveling at the end of it, so that's probably my only limitation.

So anyways, if you're reading this and are in a similar predicament (or just want to travel with a small group (2-4 people?)), please go ahead and let me know! :) I like to think I'm at least averagely open and accepting, so I will love you just as you are (unless you're a rapist or a pedophile) and I am extremely flexible if you want to work things around your schedule.
    As for activities -- I'm up for literally anything, as long as it's not deadly, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and doesn't involve cannibalism of any sort.
    (Seriously. Other than that, I am up for anything.)

Cheers!,
    Chana

#1 Posted: 12/9/2010 - 13:44

• Advertisement

• almostcool

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2010

Hi molybdenum,

I've been planning to travel to SE Asia (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia) next year (anytime between January-June). I'm currently working on the itinerary and seeking for travel companion too. It's easy to meet up with people on the way but it would be good to have travel companion in advance. Having a friend to go with would be better and definately cut down on the costs. My plans are pretty flexible so if u r interested, pls let me know.

#2 Posted: 14/9/2010 - 12:56

• benrob87

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Chana

Im going to be in Bangkok around mid Jan. From there I will be traveling through Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and then finally back Thailand. Planned around 3month to do the whole of that then Im scooting off to Oz for as long as I can manage.
    Id be more than happy to join or for folk to join me for some company so give me a shout if you fancey it.
    Ben x

#3 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 03:10

• benrob87

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Chana

Im going to be in Bangkok around mid Jan. From there I will be traveling through Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and then finally back Thailand. Planned around 3month to do the whole of that then Im scooting off to Oz for as long as I can manage.
    Id be more than happy to join or for folk to join me for some company so give me a shout if you fancey it.
    Ben x

#4 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 03:11

• benrob87

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Chana

Ben x

#5 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 03:11

• robinhood

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

Hi Chana,

It was very interesting to know about your gap year plans :-) I think you should head to SE Asia and experience something very exciting and I am sure at the end of it you would not regret travelling solo! ;-)

I live in Dubai, 27 y/o male. I will be travelling to Thailand for short trip in December 2010 - January 2011. It would be great if I could spend my holiday with you and I am sure it's gonna be fun ;-)

I arrive in Bangkok on 24th of December and I will be put up at this cool backpackers paradise on Khao San Road. Couple of days there and then I will head to Koh Phangan on 26th via bus from Khao San Road. The sole reason to go to Koh Phangan is for the infamous Moon Parties! :-))

On 28th December will attend the Half Moon Patrty and gear up for the big one - the news years full moon party.

All the gap days will be filled with relaxing by the beach and hopping around the serene island. I have already made arrangements for my accommodation and I have a Bungalow just for me, would be nice to have your company ;-)

On 02nd Jan 2011, I will head back for Bangkok...stay there for a couple of days doing sight seeings and then head back home.

I shared my itineray to you so that you conceptualise the whole experience and try to fit me in your plans in SE Asia ;-))

I hope to hear from you soon and also to see you soon in Thailand!

Cheers!

Robs

#6 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 17:36

• bdtjones

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010
    Location Canada

Hey Chana,

I'm going to be in the region from early-mid Jan until about April or so, so we should get in contact and if we our plans coincide at all we should definatley meet up.

bdtjones@gmail.com

#7 Posted: 26/11/2010 - 04:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
21yo Aussie girl travelling alone SE Asia Nov 2010 - Feb 2011. Travel buddies?? :) ... By redcordial on 2 Apr 2010 36 7591 15 Jan 2011
8 months to 1 year in SE Asia, itinerary help please! ... By jaggle on 28 Jan 2013 2 1655 28 Jan 2013
18 year old girl travelling on my own... ... By Phiddy on 1 Dec 2011 7 5125 22 Dec 2011
25 year old girl, travelling Laos, Thailand and Cambodia from May-July ... By danilou on 17 Feb 2011 6 2958 26 Mar 2011
Bangkok bus station ticket counters open on Thai New Year? ... By wessatong on 28 Jan 2009 0 2203 28 Jan 2009