Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Thailand, Loas, Cambodia & Vietnam. Nov/Dec 2010 to end of Jan 2011

Posted by JonG on 27/10/2010 at 20:31

Im going to be travelling SEA from roughly the beginning of December 2010 to the end of January 2011. Never visited SEA before.

Initial plan is to start in Bangkok and go north upto Loas working my way down Loas to Cambodia then across to Vietnam finishing in Hanoi. This is not set in stone and im open to suggestions on best way to tour SEA.

Im 23 from England, chilled out, easy going guy wanted to experience some of the culture, see some of the sight, do a bit of partying and find places to chill out.

Wondering if anyone else is thinking of doing roughly the same thing round this time and would like a bit of company for part or all of the trip?

Jon

#1 JonG has been a member since 26/10/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by UK5 on 27/10/2010 at 20:52

Hi Jon!
Im just looking into booking flights around Dec 18th (going to be pricey I know) up until Jan 18th (1 month-ish in total).
Im looking at starting in Laos, spending some time there (mostly the North) & then traveling over to Hanoi then moving my way down to Southern Vietnam.
Other friends weren't able to commit so I think Im still going to be brave & do the trip alone.
Would be great to speak to you if even about your plans & to compare itineraries :)
Anna.

#2 UK5 has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 5

Hi Jon!
Im just looking into booking flights around Dec 18th (going to be pricey I know) up until Jan 18th (1 month-ish in total).
Im looking at starting in Laos, spending some time there (mostly the North) & then traveling over to Hanoi then moving my way down to Southern Vietnam.
Other friends weren't able to commit so I think Im still going to be brave & do the trip alone.
Would be great to speak to you if even about your plans & to compare itineraries :)
Anna.

#3 UK5 has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 5

Hi Jon!
Anna.

#4 UK5 has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by JonG on 27/10/2010 at 22:09

Hi Anna,

Im thinking about starting in northen Loas and working down into Cambodia then going from south Vietnam to the north upto Hanoi. Have you finalised your plans or you a bit like me trying to work them out? You think of not doing Cambodia?
Jon

#5 JonG has been a member since 26/10/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by UK5 on 27/10/2010 at 22:18

Hi again,
I haven't finalised any plans yet. Eek.
I haven't thought so much about Cambodia. Im much more drawn to Laos & Vietnam & I just didn't think a month would be enough for all 3.... hmmm.
I think I will either start in Northern Laos, then N Vietnam, then S Vietnam or do it the reverse way round.
Where are you flying to? I thought Id go direct to Vientiane or HCMC but a lot of people seem to fly to bangkok (maybe cheaper) & then get a connecting flight...?

#6 UK5 has been a member since 27/10/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by JonG on 27/10/2010 at 22:43

Im flying into Bangkok and working my way up to the Loas boarder at Huay Xai. Alot of people do seem to go to Bangkok and then go on from there. I think it could be cheaper that way.

#7 JonG has been a member since 26/10/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by ganheplovely on 28/11/2010 at 14:01

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi.
How long will u travel in Laos and Vietnam? I might company u in this places. Pls tell me more about ur plan?
Mai

#8 ganheplovely has been a member since 28/11/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by ganheplovely on 28/11/2010 at 14:08

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi.
How long will u travel in Laos and Vietnam? I might company u in these places. Pls tell me more about ur plan? In case i cant join u, still meet for a drink when u head to Vietnam :). My email is ganheplovely@hotmail.com
Mai

#9 ganheplovely has been a member since 28/11/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by vicky29 on 7/12/2010 at 18:52

Hi Jon,
im in Chiang mai (Thailand) at the moment and planning to go to Laos in the next couple days. Are you already in Thailand? I have somewhat the same plan as you do. To me, im 30y old femaal and already in Thailand for a month.
Maybe we cross path and can meet for a beer
Vicky

#10 vicky29 has been a member since 20/10/2010. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.